Sign in to follow this  
bassisbest

Norwich & Sheffield U tracking Clive Platt?

Im sure with all the class forwards Sheff Utd have they wont be going for Clive Platt and neither should we , are we ever going to be linked to anybody half decent .

[quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"]Im sure with all the class forwards Sheff Utd have they wont be going for Clive Platt and neither should we , are we ever going to be linked to anybody half decent .
[/quote]

LINKED.....Ameobi,Buffel,Evans,McCourt,Beckford,Hoolahan,Gorkss,Taylor.......we are being linked all the time.

Please God not Clive Platt - saw him for Peterborough a couple of times and he has the touch of an elephant combined with the pace of an asthmatic sloth.  Oh, and he would also struggle to score in a brothel with £50 tucked behind each ear.

He would truly be up there with Dean Coney as the most embarrasing "striker" we have ever put on a pitch.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

Please God not Clive Platt - saw him for Peterborough a couple of times and he has the touch of an elephant combined with the pace of an asthmatic sloth.  Oh, and he would also struggle to score in a brothel with £50 tucked behind each ear.

He would truly be up there with Dean Coney as the most embarrasing "striker" we have ever put on a pitch.

[/quote]

Why, does he score goals with his chuff?

[/quote]

I live near Peterborough and Posh fans don''t rate him atall. Would be a terrible signing...............

[/quote]

Thought that was Darren Beckford?

I suppose there could be an element of truth in this as it was Mr Platt who delivered this year''s Jamie Cureton Memorial Lecture pledging undying allegiance to the Mighty U''s despite our relegation to League One.

It''s not common knowledge at Colchester but there again our club say even less than your lot - every local paper missed the club captain being shipped out to Plymouth this week. (They really should read the Daily Star).

He cost us £300k and we''d be looking to make money on that especially as he is on a two year contract with us. I suspect that if the story is true and one of you makes a decent offer we''d bite your hand off.

My doubt about him centres on whether he is really good enough for the Championship but that said everyone on this board has probably seen a player who comes to life with a new club, Manager, regime - equally we''ve seen it happen the other way haven''t we?

Downsides are roughly accurate as depicted on here: let down too often by a poor first touch (my opinion) and certainly not the fastest thing on two legs (I thought asthmatic sloth was a tad unkind and anyway who was it who hired Hartson, so there!).  Two left feet is also unkind.

Upsides?  He''s a very big lad who can knock defenders off a ball (and has been sent off for it) and he''s consistently good at winning balls in the air which is hardly surprising as he is 6ft 4" and built like two of those charming Norfolk brick outhouses knocked together. 

I would prefer him to stay with us as I think he is a good enough League One player and will score at that level.  He scored 18 goals for MK Dons and they nicknamed him The Tree.  In the interests of balanced reporting I think it only fair to record that some of our supporters (almost certainly the Barside Mob) renamed him The Plank after about half a dozen games but they also booed Sheringham.

If you want to splash your new investment money around I wouldn''t be bothered.  As long as we get decent cash we can replace him well enough for League One level - perhaps twice over.

So the jury is out about Clive I suppose but, there again, it seems another jury is out about Mr Docherty.  Such is life.

I doubt if Sheffield are, with their available strikers.I have my doubts about signing him. He might score more with a good winger, and we have one in Wes, it seems, but he would be only short term - we need a striker who will help us back to the Premiership and hold his own there. I don''t see him doing this.

Rubbish imo not anywhere near good enough and i think Glenn has his sights set higher. One min Ameobi the next Clive Platt!  Anyway i refuse to pay money to watch a player whose nickname is "The Tree"  !!!!!!!!!!!!

Clighan and Hoolahan great signings so far