Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Glenn Roeder.

This is for all you people who are for some strange reason slating Roeder.

Think back to when Roeder took charge, we were rock bottom and we had no way out.  But when Glenn came he brought confidence and belief back to the the team.  We went on a 13 game unbeaten and we got out of the bottom 3, and at one point we were in the top  half of the table. 

And you lot have the cheek to say ROEDER OUT!!!! and other stuff because recently results have not been going are way, and because he has made a few dodgey desicions, and because he had the bottle to let Huckerby go, when most other managers would have kept him because they would be scared of you lot.  He let Huckerby go because this is his football club and if he thinks Huckerby should go he makes him go and I bet you in the summer we will sign someone to replace Hucks and you lot will say he wont be good enough when you havn''t even given him a chance.

Roeder has worked magic at this football club and if it wasn''t for him we would be talking about League 1.  We can go places with Roeder so just leave him alone and give him support, he deserves it after all.

"This is for all you people who are for some strange reason slating Roeder.

Think back to when Roeder took charge, we were rock bottom and we had no way out.  But when Glenn came he brought confidence and belief back to the the team.  We went on a 13 game unbeaten and we got out of the bottom 3, and at one point we were in the top  half of the table. 

And you lot have the cheek to say ROEDER OUT!!!! and other stuff because recently results have not been going are way, and because he has made a few dodgey desicions, and because he had the bottle to let Huckerby go, when most other managers would have kept him because they would be scared of you lot.  He let Huckerby go because this is his football club and if he thinks Huckerby should go he makes him go and I bet you in the summer we will sign someone to replace Hucks and you lot will say he wont be good enough when you havn''t even given him a chance.

Roeder has worked magic at this football club and if it wasn''t for him we would be talking about League 1.  We can go places with Roeder so just leave him alone and give him support, he deserves it after all."

Agree with everything - well said.  i would like to put  my head on the parapet and say that the bit in bold is where most people will completely twist the entire post away from the crux of your very valid points and onto a Roeder hate thread.

Dont worry about the bits in bold, people will slate the post anyway based on the recent manner surrounding these topics!!Must agree 100% with everything you have said, still the right appointment by the board (i bet someone will slate this too...well there''s a surprise)

The truth is Hucks only tried when he wanted, and even though I have not been a regular for a couple of seasons, he was not pulling his weight then. A few good performances in the past few weeks seem to have swayed many.

No doubt he was a legend, but everyone has a sell by date.

And then there is the wages he pulls; money that this club cannot justify for another season.

And then there is briefings he did against the last manager; the latest in a long line of fall outs with managers.

There is no room for sentimentality in modern football.

I love the guy for what he did back in 2003-04, but that is history.

He is gone; get over it, it aint the end of the world. We have sold many better players over the years, and its not been the end of the world.

[quote user="Boyo''"]

Roeder has worked magic at this football club and if it wasn''t for him we would be talking about League 1.  We can go places with Roeder so just leave him alone and give him support, he deserves it after all.

[/quoteIs that the same Roeder who took over some 8 months ago and took us to the dizzy heights of 3 points from relegation, If we hadn''t won our last home game we would be in the old 3rd division now, we finished in the lowest position in 44 years. some my class that as some kind of achievement but I would have expected any manager coming in as early as October to have saved us from relegation, it''s not some kind of miracle, one game from relegation is actually pretty mediocre boardering on pi$$ poor!

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="Boyo''"]

[/quote

Is that the same Roeder who took over some 8 months ago and took us to the dizzy heights of 3 points from relegation, If we hadn''t won our last home game we would be in the old 3rd division now, we finished in the lowest position in 44 years. some my class that as some kind of achievement but I would have expected any manager coming in as early as October to have saved us from relegation, it''s not some kind of miracle, one game from relegation is actually pretty mediocre boardering on pi$$ poor!
[/quote]

Although one or two of his team selections didn''t help, it''s really more to do with the hand that Roeder was dealt with when he came in. I don''t care about the month in which he came in, the fact is that we were just absolutely bloody awful and we were on the way down whichever way you look at it.

He''s not a perfect manager, if he was he''d still be managing in the Premiership. But with his experience and contacts, I''m definitely backing him.

I did hear that Chris Goreham from BBC Radio Norfolk is going to ask him a key question about the Hucks saga in his weekly press conference tomorrow - let''s hope he gets to ask it! I think everyone will agree that it will be very interesting to hear what he has to say.

John Boubepo - normally i would agree with you, but look at the bigger picture. The squad GR inherited are by and large poor. Ten games without a goal - Roeder somehow turned this bunch who didnt know how to string two passes together into a team that was capable of winning, home and away. that is a big achievement in my eyes, if it had been his own squad then i would be fuming now, but it wasn''t he has had to make do and done a fine job of it!! if we are in the same position next season, then you can count on my support, but im going to wait to see how his own team shapes up before judging him.