Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_4_life

Jamie cureton staying ?

Martin Paterson to Norwich - Jamie Cureton plus cash to Scunthorpe??

He''s still hit about 15 goals this season, i''d say he''s worth hanging on to.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="GJP"]

It is true that you''ve got to be there to miss them. But it''s not just the misses that bother me it''s more that Cureton brings very little else to the team. He struggles to win the ball  and he doesn''t have the pace or power to take people on. It''d be a bit different if he was missing chances but still contributing in other areas but for the most part he does very little.

[/quote]

So you were happy with Chris Brown ?

[/quote]

I didn''t have a problem with Brown, I''ve said that all along. Shame he didn''t score more but if I had to pick between a partnership of Brown and Evans or Cureton and Evans then it''d very Brown and Evans everytime. I''m sure there''s a lot of people who would disagree with that but there ya go.

If Jamie Cureton had worked harder at the start of the season then Chris Browns efforts wouldn''t have been in vain.

[/quote]

I totally agree with this and all your thoughts on Cureton, absolutely spot on.

[/quote]

Cheers mate, glad there are other people who think along the same lines.

[/quote]

+1 from me too. Brown was replaced by Dublin, who has hardly set the world alight either in the scoring charts, has he? A partnership of Brown/Evans would have been quite a nice one for our league.

I do think you''re a little harsh on Curo re his work at the beginning of the season though. He was totally isolated, with a desperately weak midfield behind him and hardly any creation of chances.

Having said that, he was (and possibly still is) a few pounds overweight. How is that possible for a pro footballer?

[quote user="Mook"]

I do think you''re a little harsh on Curo re his work at the beginning of the season though. He was totally isolated, with a desperately weak midfield behind him and hardly any creation of chances.

Having said that, he was (and possibly still is) a few pounds overweight. How is that possible for a pro footballer?

[/quote]

And yet, despite all you say, he still ended up our top scorer with 14 goals.[:|]

It just goes to show how good he is, if he can still score under those restrictions placed upon him!.

Who else was going to score the goals ? a loanee who came in halfway through the season or a 39 year old geriatric , Cureton finished our top scorer because there was nobody to even compete with him unless you count Big Daves couple of starts as competition.

Ched Evans, who was even more prolific with 19 app + 9 sub 10 goals.

Wiz aint bovvered if he''s here or not though [*-)][8-)]

They''d make a good pair I think.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Ched Evans, who was even more prolific with 19 app + 9 sub 10 goals.

Wiz aint bovvered if he''s here or not though [*-)][8-)]

They''d make a good pair I think.

[/quote]

Wiz and Jamie Lad?  You betcha.  "Come here, my lovely Jamie Lad, sit on my knee.... oh unlucky, you just missed.  What?  No, that''s not my knee."

Cureton will be 32 next season.  For goodness sake, your over the hill at that age - look at Hucks.  We need ''new heros''.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Cureton will be 32 next season.  For goodness sake, your over the hill at that age - look at Hucks.  We need ''new heros''.
[/quote]

Tell that to Dion!.

Mr Chops:

That childish comment was disgraceful and lacked respect...............sort of sums you up nicely.[:|]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

I think that was a joke (and a rather funny one at that).

[/quote]

No it wasn''t..........it was uncalled for...........

If there is one thing that cureton does not do, then that is score vital goals. Apart from the game against watford when he salveged us a point, he has cost us dear over the course of the season and lost us games. In my opinion i think jamie should go, but i cnt see that happening conidering the strikers we are going to lose. dion retired at end of season, ched going ect.

City 2 (Cureton 2) - Saints 1 

Scunny 0 - City 1 (Cureton)

City 1 (Cureton) - w8''s lot 1

City 1 (Cureton) - Tykes 0

So there''s 10 points. Vital goals[:^)].. Not ''arf [H]

[quote user="snakepit faithful"]

If there is one thing that cureton does not do, then that is score vital goals. Apart from the game against watford when he salveged us a point, he has cost us dear over the course of the season and lost us games. In my opinion i think jamie should go, but i cnt see that happening conidering the strikers we are going to lose. dion retired at end of season, ched going ect.

[/quote]

If you going to make rash, and stupid claims like this, at least do some research like Nutty did to back them up.[:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Norwich 0 - Leicester 0Norwich 0 - Stoke 1Norwich 1 - WBA 2

There''s one point from what should have been seven.

Sitters missed?[:^)].. Not ''arf [H]

Interesting that by the end of the season the fans were chanting "Dion" every time Cureton missed...

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Interesting that by the end of the season the fans were chanting "Dion" every time Cureton missed...
[/quote]

Interesting that this was Dion last ever match appearence at Carrow Road ever!. Hell, I''d even chant Dion myself in those circumstances...................as did the crowd.............whilst applauding Jamie off!

Thank God that GR picked Jamie ahead of DD...........hmm? I wonder why?. 

After this season finishes Dublin will be going, Evans going back to Man City and  Righters going back to Blackburn. its unclear as to whether Hucks will stay (although I think he probably will) and whos to say that Roeder might release Chris Martin?

Potentially until we buy Jamie Cureton could be our only striker left at the club!

Therefore I''d say its highly unlikely he''ll be leaving!

On recent performances I hope that Jamie will be nothing more than a bench warmer cause we''d of signed better stikers but 14 goals this season is hardly a failure although as we know he could of done so much better! 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Norwich 0 - Leicester 0

Norwich 0 - Stoke 1

Norwich 1 - WBA 2

There''s one point from what should have been seven.

Sitters missed?[:^)].. Not ''arf [H]

[/quote]

Don''t forget the first Derby. Cureton missed two sitters then scored his most difficult chance. 2-2 draw should have been at least a 3-2 win.

All strikers miss chances. It''s just Curo''s regularity which is startling.

Cureton didn''t do well enough this season, but his tally of goals and important strikes have almost certainly kept us up. He was a poor replacement for earnshaw and brown was a poor replacement for ashton. We now need to set our standards higher than what they curretnly are otherwise this season will be recurring in future seasons.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

I have no idea.

Anyway, time to say something more constructive (I hope) - my big problem with Cureton is not that he misses loads of chances (though he does miss far too many easy ones) but that in games he doesn''t score, he contributes absolutely nothing to the team. Some people say he''s trying too hard; I don''t think he tries hard enough. His awareness of other players is poor, his work-rate is poor and he very rarely looks to create something for himself or for other people. He basically waits for the ball to come to him somewhere near the goal which is fine if you''re scoring on a regulrar basis and other players are doing their bit too but when it comes to a struggling side, you can''t really afford to be carrying players and that''s what we''ve been doing with Cureton for most of this season. If he doesn''t score (and he hasn''t scored in many games) he doesn''t add anything else to the team to make up for it.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Interesting that by the end of the season the fans were chanting "Dion" every time Cureton missed...[/quote]

Interesting that this was Dion last ever match appearence at Carrow Road ever!. Hell, I''d even chant Dion myself in those circumstances...................as did the crowd.............whilst applauding Jamie off!

[/quote]Having said I wouldn''t reply to you any more, I have since realised that this denies me the right to point out what a fool you are whenever you spout more tripe.  Again here you are wrong.  In the last THREE home games, Dion''s name was chanted whenever Cureton spurned yet another chance.  It was the sound of the crowd losing faith in the player... the "oh Jamie Jamie" chants have gone walkabout too.Your Jamie Lad''s not good enough to spearhead a promotion push, Wiz.  I take no pleasure in saying that as I want us to go up too.  It''s just not going to happen with Cureton as the main goalscoring threat.

[quote user="Fellas"]Cureton didn''t do well enough this season, but his tally of goals and important strikes have almost certainly kept us up. He was a poor replacement for earnshaw and brown was a poor replacement for ashton. We now need to set our standards higher than what they curretnly are otherwise this season will be recurring in future seasons.
[/quote]

Its sad but true, that once some player on here becomes a whipping boy on this message board, then they also become the source of all the clubs ills as well.

If Jamie leaves or quits City, then it''ll be some other poor sods turn next season!.

Mr Chops:

You''re a flip flop!.[;)]

If Jamie leaves or quits City, then it''ll be some other poor sods turn next season!.

[/quote]

Has Doc had a turn yet Wiz?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Has Doc had a turn yet Wiz?

[/quote]

Off me. yes Nutty................and upon reflection I was harsh, I still don''t like or rate him much, but I was far too harsh on him.

I can only apologise to him, sorry Doc.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Mr Chops:

You''re a flip flop!.[;)]

[/quote]

Ah, fair game.

[/quote]

Respect for your honesty.[Y]

Off me. yes Nutty................and upon reflection I was harsh, I still don''t like or rate him much, but I was far too harsh on him.

I can only apologise to him, sorry Doc.

[/quote]

Wiz... you really are THE MAN[Z][*]

Let''s hope he doesn''t score an own goal /  get sent off / cuddle away a penalty tomorrow otherwise this new love affair will end in tears [U][:''(]