Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Everyone thinks they are a Manager!!!

It amazes me that everyone thinks they know everything about football management and always think they have the right answer.  Let''s just trust that Glen knows what he is doing and let him get on with it.  He''s probably paid a good wage to do what he is doing and a pretty good job of it if I must say.  Who are we to think we could do better.

I''m off my soapbox now...

[quote user="USA Canary"]

It amazes me that everyone thinks they know everything about football management and always think they have the right answer.  Let''s just trust that Glen knows what he is doing and let him get on with it.  He''s probably paid a good wage to do what he is doing and a pretty good job of it if I must say.  Who are we to think we could do better.

I''m off my soapbox now...

[/quote]

Were you saying the same when the awful Grant was having his decisions questioned?

As for Roeder, he has done a great job here so far (just as at every club he has managed in his first season.  His longer term record is not great however.

There is nothing wrong with questioning poor decisions - ala Camara being dropped and Gibbs playing.

I don''t claim to know everything about football management. In fact - I know ziltch about management!

This is a forum where we simply voice suggestions, nothing more. In an obscure way I like to think it enables us to micro manage the team. I like the idea that I have a voice where I can gather other peoples opinions. That is all. [:)]

[quote user="USA Canary"]

Who are we to think we could do better.

[/quote]

I''m the special one

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Were you saying the same when the awful Grant was having his decisions questioned?

[/quote]

I was - you have to give people a chance. Remember Feruson and how the United fans were screaming for his head?

There is nothing wrong with questioning poor decisions - ala Camara being dropped and Gibbs playing.

[/quote]Hindsight ....... makes your point somewhat mute.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

I was - you have to give people a chance. Remember Feruson and how the United fans were screaming for his head?

[/quote]

Hindsight ....... makes your point somewhat mute.
[/quote]

AB This is the guy who thinks David Beckham should still be an England regular. I wouldn''t take his comments too seriously

When Grant was in charge and we weren''t getting the results, we had every right to put our football management abilities to use and say what we want and what was needed.  But with Glen, he is producing results as good as anyone could at the moment so we should be quiet and let him get on with what he has been doing.  I doubt any of us could do a better job.

It has always been part of what a football fan is about; always having an opinion on how things should be done. Before message boards and phone-ins these opinions were voiced in pubs etc. It is part of football and will always will be. Too much emphasis is put on what a manager can actually achieve with a team. They invariably suffer because of this. At one time they are the Messiah and at another time the same manager will be vilified. Worthy, Robson, Dowie, Megson, Eriksson are just a hand ful of the many who have experienced this.

Our manager is having an exceptional time at the moment but woe betide him if things start to go wrong.

[quote user="USA Canary"]When Grant was in charge and we weren''t getting the results, we had every right to put our football management abilities to use and say what we want and what was needed.  But with Glen, he is producing results as good as anyone could at the moment so we should be quiet and let him get on with what he has been doing.  I doubt any of us could do a better job.[/quote]

That''s why everyone only ''thinks'' they''re a manager......

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]

Hindsight ....... makes your point somewhat mute.
[/quote]

Rubbish, in foresight I couldnt understand why Camara was being dropped, and assumed he was injured. At the game I asked around and noone knew why camara wasn''t playing.

It was a risk, it didn''t pay off.  Looking at Hulls team even more the decision seems poor, they were a big powerful side, and Bertrand and Gibbs had a mare (Bertrand improving dramatically once Gibbs was taken off).  They both looked lightweight on the day.  This was a game a championship regular like Camara would have revelled in.

Hindsight cannot be used as an excuse for poor decision making.  Good managers get more right than wrong, Glenn has done this so far for us but that doesnt change the fact that this time with Gibbs he got it wrong.

As for Fergusen, in this day and age he wouldn''t have lasted, but that is the way of football now - at least he had a track record of success in Scotland.  As for Grant, I was critical of what I saw as abysmal management.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

That''s why everyone only ''thinks'' they''re a manager......

[/quote]

Didn''t Grant once say something along the lines of "That''s why i''m the manager and you are the supporters.."  He really was an idiot, and an inept one at that.

Surely that''s the beauty of being a football fan - you get to challenge decisions and fantasize what you could achieve if you were in charge without  any repercussions (or chance of failure).  Glen is doing really well, but surely even he is not beyond challenge.  I''ll offer a little challenge myself:  what the hell has happened to Pattison?  He was a key performer for us but now seems to lack quality in every game.  Is it the David Neilsen effect (ie once you''ve signed permanently you become crap?)