Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

I've carried the attack for the last four years'

[quote user="canarychris"]

no problem with the comment...... it is 100% TRUE, without Hucks we would never have gone into the Premiership and would almost definetly me in League 1 by now. He has shown true committment to the club, he may wear his heart on his sleeve, but so what, thats all the other 22,000 people who turn up at FCR every other week do. Hucks will still play an important part this season and if that is from the bench then so be it, and if this is his last season here then so be it. Thanks Hucks for the memories, you will be remembered as a true City legend.

Maybe if some people on this board actually took time to go and watch the team play rather than believing everything they read on this board as a way of judging players then some of the criticisms may be a little more realistic. Doc has been one of the better players for a few weeks now, Cureton one of the worst, it''s a fact, it''s called form. Doc is currently playing aswell as he did when he won player of the year and Jamie isn''t a shadow of the player we signed from Colchester but i''m confident he will find his form again.

[/quote]

Big deal Jas...

Form is temporary, class is permanent!!!

Hucks is class and will be remembered here in years to come as will Cureton (even if part of that was down to the infamous gren hair).

The Doc will only be remembered for being a donkey in years to come.

[quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The Great Escape. "]

''I''ve carried the attack for the last four years'''' Huckerby''s comment on local  radio this afternoon. Not misquoted direct from Huckerby himself.

He has been a fantastic player for NCFC, but with an arrogant comment like that the sooner he goes the better.

[/quote]

Why???

He is right!!!

The abuse Huckerby and Cureton have been getting lately is outrageous.... when players like the Doc are praised for giving 100% effort but being 100% crap!!!

[/quote]

I think you will find that Curo has been awful all season and the Doc has been steady and has infact shawed up the defence since he has come back. Curo puts the effort in, like Doc, Curo is passionate but is not delivering the goods for us and he knows it. But it is fasionable to bash the Doc and praise Curo. Look at the stats, or will you choose to ignore that as well as football at Carrow Road. I agree about Hucks abuse thou, he is right, that he has carried the attack, to be honset, I would still have him next year, would be good to have someone of his calibre still in the squad and to come of the bench. He is still a very good player, but he has not maintained the high standard of yesterday.

[/quote]

Curo is our leading goalscorer despite being in and out of the team of late and having a lot of complete idiots on his back.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]The great jazz drummer Buddy Rich would have no qualms about telling everybody how he was the best, and certainly a lot of music fans would consider him the best, if not one of the best, drummers ever. He also said: it ain''t bragging if you can back it up with actions, or words to that effect. Hucks is/was a very good player, and he knows it. I rather think that Hucks is merely stating a fact in saying he''s carried the attack for the past 4 years, so why shouldn''t he say so? I don''t consider his comments to be arrogant.[/quote]

I believe that a certain Craig Bellamy said the same thing when the crap players he had around him locked him in the toilet on the bus.

Watch out Hucks!!!

[quote user="Statto28"]I tell you Smudger, I don''t go to games either - pray do tell me how you manage to form such forthright opinions on players you never actually see play - would love to know!
[/quote]

Have seen them all play loads of times... and like I say form is temporary, class is permanent.

I guess you would say that some of us have it and some of us don''t Statto???

[quote user="Old Boy"]macdougall''s perm - It''s not arrogant, it''s simply the truth!!

I disagree totally - it IS arrogant, and it''s wrong (apart from season 1, when he WAS the attack). He''s been on the pitch for almost all the no-shows, and it''s remarkable how the football''s improved since he''s been sidelined. I hate to be so brutal, but when a player speaks like this (and it''s not Huckerby''s first time) he deserves both barrels. It''s exactly why Roeder''s not playing him now - because he''s no team player.
[/quote]

oh???

You mean the season that he played alongside the shocking Peter Crouch, Matty Svenson and Lion McKenzie???

Why of course... I bet that Darren hopes that he never plays alongside such useless talent again!!!  [:$]

How would I know?  I read the Pink''un on line, I follow the games live on BBC Sport and soccernet, I listen to the radio over the net, and last year I saw 5 or 6 games, 2 in person and the rest on TV.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]How would I know?  I read the Pink''un on line, I follow the games live on BBC Sport and soccernet, I listen to the radio over the net, and last year I saw 5 or 6 games, 2 in person and the rest on TV.[/quote]

Well you''re obviously well positioned to comment then. Didn''t stop you getting your facts wrong about Doherty getting the player of the season in 2005 though did it?

As stupid as that handball was he has been one of our best players since he came back into the side. We haven''t even lost a league game since for God''s sake so he can''t be doing that badly - even people who aren''t really a fan of him have acknowledged how well he''s done.

Doherty was named Player of the Year at some point since we were relegated, at least according to one source I read.  Our defense has been a disaster for the last 3 years up until about the time Roeder was able to implement his game plan following the international break 3 or 4 games after he arrived.

The lineups I see have shown us playing 5 defenders, so I am sure that helps keep scoring low both ways. Maybe Doherty is good most of the time, but he has a knack for making egregiously (sp?) dumb mistakes that often prove costly.

Nobody seems to mind his mistakes, but too many people get all bent out of shape when Huckerby states the obvious with honesty and force.  The team sucked. It was NOT due to lack of talent, it was due to mismanagment of the talent we did have, leaving better players on the bench of sidelines while starting an odd mishmash of management''s overmatched darlings.  Perhaps we can at least agree that Roeder knows how to handle the players he has better than Grant could.

Doherty won player of the season because he was pretty good at home. At home we were decent at the back. Away from home he was an absolute diaster. I remember going to reading, QPR and palace and he was an absolute disgrace, and this was a trend that continued throughout all our away games. A lot of people who had gone to some of the away games were shocked when he won it.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Doherty was named Player of the Year at some point since we were relegated, at least according to one source I read.  Our defense has been a disaster for the last 3 years up until about the time Roeder was able to implement his game plan following the international break 3 or 4 games after he arrived.[/quote]

Yes he was, in 2006.

[quote]The lineups I see have shown us playing 5 defenders, so I am sure that helps keep scoring low both ways. Maybe Doherty is good most of the time, but he has a knack for making egregiously (sp?) dumb mistakes that often prove costly.[/quote]

5 defenders? I can''t ever remember us doing that. He does make the odd mistake but far fewer than he used to, indeed the entire back four have been very solid and have made very few errors (hence six goals conceded in the last eleven games).

[quote]Nobody seems to mind his mistakes, but too many people get all bent out of shape when Huckerby states the obvious with honesty and force.  The team sucked. It was NOT due to lack of talent, it was due to mismanagment of the talent we did have, leaving better players on the bench of sidelines while starting an odd mishmash of management''s overmatched darlings.  Perhaps we can at least agree that Roeder knows how to handle the players he has better than Grant could.[/quote]

Personally I''ve never had a problem with Huckerby''s comments. People are getting worked up about him at the moment, though, one way or another, and I don''t really see the big deal either way. I completely agree with your last comment though - Grant''s man-management skills were appalling, Roeder''s are far better and I don''t think he''s really put a foot wrong so far.