Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

will we?

we will get someone in surely right?even just another loan will do, or a couple of cheap players, we can not go on for the 18 games or so, with this team.cum on glen, today''s the day?

and before you all start moaning another rumour, this isn''t a rumour, its a hope :D

I seriously doubt that we shall sign anyone on transfer - it is late, prices are high, and other clubs have little chance to replace a player. GR has said repeatedly that he is not interested in any "run of the mill" players, but only in quality. I would like to think that Tiny Taylor  might come, but with Cahill looking destined northwards, I can''t see Birmingham selling him.I think that the best we can hope for is a couple more loan players, who are likely to be young, like most we have, or senior, like Mo. It doesn''t need saying that we are short of backup in defence, and short of any high-scoring striker, so I think that we are looking for a minor miracle.The squad we have could just about see us through this season, so long as there are few injuries. The one area where we seem to be adequate is the midfield, which has been a weakness in past seasons.

I think he will bring in a young Arsenal player, based on his comments and my bet is Hoyte who is a right back or centre half 

[quote user="sandboy"]

I think he will bring in a young Arsenal player, based on his comments and my bet is Hoyte who is a right back or centre half 

[/quote]

no chance till the African Nations are over.... he''s a fringe player and they need him as cover

jas :)

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]we will get someone in surely right?even just another loan will do, or a couple of cheap players, we can not go on for the 18 games or so, with this team.[/quote]I think we''ll get a couple before the deadline.  Note though that "a couple of cheap players" will probably not do - they are cheap for a reason, and we''ve just got rid of a load of bargain basement guff.