Sign in to follow this  
Polar

No ones making any sense...

Seriously whats everyones problem?

so what we''re out of the FA cup, did we really want two trips down to Southampton in the space of three days? Last night we came up against a well organised side who wanted a giant killing, they played like we did against Man City. lower league teams go out to beat the big sides, Giant Killings they''re called and how many times has it happened? Morecambe knocked out two or three championship sides of the league cup before going out themselves earlier in the season.

so we''re victims of a giant killing, isn''t that the magic of the FA cup? small teams always stand a chance? but yeah my point is its as though everyones out to break all of the recent good work apart. Croft should go, he missed a sitter wingers are suppose to get 30+ goals a season, ask Cristiano Ronaldo. Huckerbys past it he should go hes the Theirry Henry of Norwich, if he goes Martin will be our Fabregas, Get rid of Cureton because he can''t hit a barn door with a machine gun Drogbas available, Fozzys now rubbish again because he can''t pass a ball on a poor playing surface blame the groundsman as well? why not he should of gone up to bury a few days before with rain covers, Pattisons on a permnant contract so he won''t bother now sell him! Martin is no longer a good prospect for the future, Jarvis hack it at this level... naturally that means Jarvis jnr won''t be able to either, Spillane was rubbish playing at right back get rid! Shackell can''t pass on a poor playing surface and merely hoofed it instead (as everyone expected us to do last night in the conditions).

oh and now apparently saturday is the pivotal point of our season...

don''t worry ey, if we win we''re playoff contenders again... lose and the abyss of relegation is back.

seriously get over it, one game doesn''t change a season and a game in the FA cup doesnt bear on our league status... cheer up all.

I fully expected us to struggle last night and frankly while a bit disappointed that feeling passed pretty quickly. The run had to end sometime, better last night than this Saturday, Roeder knows dam well he still has work to do to rebuild the squad, he used it as a chance to see two fringe players so that may well have helped his thought process, and after a fairly hectic run of games we have a long journey to play on a soaked pitch in the heavy rain against a team drawing collective strength and counter-intutitively benefitting from the sacking of their management team to put in a good performance. If the so-called big teams always won none of us would follow football because everything would be predetermined- just look how one-dimensional the Prem title race is these days.

These days I seem to accept that we are a rubbish cup team, didn''t we struggle to beat Dagenham & Redbridge a few years back for goodness sake and even Tamworth gave us some shocks last year.

If any complacency had set in it''ll be a torrid day back in the office for them today. Last time we had a shocker we went 9 games unbeaten. Maybe Roeder can use this as a similar launchpad. And have we seen the last of the Huckerby glory years?

Please you said this Polar because it pretty much sums up what I was thinking too.

What is it with some people on this message board......they are up and down like bloody yo yo''s.  When we win we''re greatest team in the world destined for the playoff and when we lose or sometimes draw everyone is like her comes league 1. 

I personally think that after a poor start to the season we are now doing well in the league which is what matters at the end of the day.  NCFC are always rubbish in the cups anyway, can''t remember the last time we even made a quarter final so going out at this stage is no big deal really.  This loss to Bury will be a wake up call to the players and a kick up the ass for the wkend

I noticed the little dig at me about the pivotal point in our season!!, but i do agree with you. One game doenst make a season, cup shocks happen, and players dont become bad overnight.

Some (me included) are just slightly concerned that it could affect morale, confidence and lead to a poor outcome saturday, Note: Could, not will!!!! I think Roeders big enough to sort it out, and that it will get back to the Barnsley ways, but there are no guarentees!

[quote user="SouthamptonCanary"]

Please you said this Polar because it pretty much sums up what I was thinking too.

What is it with some people on this message board......they are up and down like bloody yo yo''s.  When we win we''re greatest team in the world destined for the playoff and when we lose or sometimes draw everyone is like her comes league 1. 

I personally think that after a poor start to the season we are now doing well in the league which is what matters at the end of the day.  NCFC are always rubbish in the cups anyway, can''t remember the last time we even made a quarter final so going out at this stage is no big deal really.  This loss to Bury will be a wake up call to the players and a kick up the ass for the wkend

[/quote]

I agree. I listened to the game last night but not with the normal yoyo of emotions. I''m relieved that we came through what could have been an injury-strewn game with no perceivable problems except for perhaps Doherty''s head (and I''m not sure that there''s much in there anyway! [;)]) .

I certainly wasn''t embarrassed at work today (despite being amidst a load of London club supporters) as one poster has stated. I will have more of a problem if there is a no-show on Saturday.

[quote user="HUDDY "]

I noticed the little dig at me about the pivotal point in our season!!, but i do agree with you. One game doenst make a season, cup shocks happen, and players dont become bad overnight.

Some (me included) are just slightly concerned that it could affect morale, confidence and lead to a poor outcome saturday, Note: Could, not will!!!! I think Roeders big enough to sort it out, and that it will get back to the Barnsley ways, but there are no guarentees!

[/quote]yeah sorry about that, but win or lose against leicester it doesnt really matter... well it does, but its not going to have a major bearing on our season. If Roeders to have these face to face meetings with the team about last night then i doubt any of them are not going to perform on saturday if they have any sense.what i don''t get about city fans is one win and we''re heading for europe, one loss and blue square here we come.

[quote user="Polar1990"]

what i don''t get about city fans is one win and we''re heading for europe, one loss and blue square here we come.
[/quote]

I agree with you there thats for sure, i dont think my posts last night would put me in the same category. My only fear as ive said numerousd times is what affect it could possibly have on morale.

People need to remember how far we''ve came under Roeder, unbeaten runs, climbing up the league, solid defensively, winning away. One cup giant killing doesnt change that, but it is a warning. I expect Roeder will marshall the troops, and hopefully a win on Saturday wil be the end product, then last night will be forgotten about.

Actually saturday is very important. This happens all the time with norwich. A couple of players play bad in a game and everyone decides to play rubbish too. We have an incredible knack of just deciding not to play after losing a match particularly bad. Anybody remember the end of worthy''s reign. We aren''t a bad team but too often we let ourselves down for no reason just like last night. I''m just worried it doesn''t catch on.

[quote user="Fellas"]Actually saturday is very important. This happens all the time with norwich. A couple of players play bad in a game and everyone decides to play rubbish too. We have an incredible knack of just deciding not to play after losing a match particularly bad. Anybody remember the end of worthy''s reign. We aren''t a bad team but too often we let ourselves down for no reason just like last night. I''m just worried it doesn''t catch on.[/quote]

last time we lost to stoke it didnt do us much harm...

[quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="Fellas"]Actually saturday is very important. This happens all the time with norwich. A couple of players play bad in a game and everyone decides to play rubbish too. We have an incredible knack of just deciding not to play after losing a match particularly bad. Anybody remember the end of worthy''s reign. We aren''t a bad team but too often we let ourselves down for no reason just like last night. I''m just worried it doesn''t catch on.
[/quote]

last time we lost to stoke it didnt do us much harm...
[/quote]

Yes, but theres a difference between losing unfortunately to a hard to beat stoke, and getting desevedly beaten putting in a shocking performance against a side from 2 leagues below.

Still, again i repeat, i think we''ll be ok.

[quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="Fellas"]Actually saturday is very important. This happens all the time with norwich. A couple of players play bad in a game and everyone decides to play rubbish too. We have an incredible knack of just deciding not to play after losing a match particularly bad. Anybody remember the end of worthy''s reign. We aren''t a bad team but too often we let ourselves down for no reason just like last night. I''m just worried it doesn''t catch on.[/quote]

last time we lost to stoke it didnt do us much harm...[/quote]Well we hammered barnsley 5-1 at home. Then we got hammered 3-0 by coventry. We never recovered and still really haven''t until roeder came along. It started there with a very very bad performance. I get worried sometimes because when you are on a good run and up for games and play shocking it can really dent confidence and make the players ask questions about themselves, sometimes that''s good but other times it can be costly, let''s hope it''s the former for our sakes.

I am amazed at how many fans so readily accept a humiliationg defeat by a team at the bottom of the old 4th division and over two games. I''m not an up and down fan and I have supported Norwich through thick and thin all my life and believe me there''s been plenty of thin over that time.

It''s a complete no brainer that beating Bury and getting through to the next round is far more beneficial to the club, players and fans. More income and suststained high morale. Someone said something along the lines of "Oh well who needed two trips to Soton in 5 days" as though that would have been extreme penury. What absolute squit. Roeder is furious about the performance, the missed oppportunity and the fact that our unbeatend run was ended so ignominiously at such a lowly club as Bury in potentially such an important competition. What else have we got to play for - avoiding the drop and mid table security ? A run in the FA Cup would have created excitement, income and been great for the players and everyones'' morale.  

Fronm the Pink Un today : "City boss Glenn Roeder is planning a series of face-to-face meetings with individual players at Colney tomorrow in the aftermath of last night''s embarrassing FA Cup exit at Bury."

That says it all for me. No argument no need for discussion and absolutely no need for moronic posts in denial.

[quote user="All dots"]

I am amazed at how many fans so readily accept a humiliationg defeat by a team at the bottom of the old 4th division and over two games. I''m not an up and down fan and I have supported Norwich through thick and thin all my life and believe me there''s been plenty of thin over that time.

It''s a complete no brainer that beating Bury and getting through to the next round is far more beneficial to the club, players and fans. More income and suststained high morale. Someone said something along the lines of "Oh well who needed two trips to Soton in 5 days" as though that would have been extreme penury. What absolute squit. Roeder is furious about the performance, the missed oppportunity and the fact that our unbeatend run was ended so ignominiously at such a lowly club as Bury in potentially such an important competition. What else have we got to play for - avoiding the drop and mid table security ? A run in the FA Cup would have created excitement, income and been great for the players and everyones'' morale.  

Fronm the Pink Un today : "City boss Glenn Roeder is planning a series of face-to-face meetings with individual players at Colney tomorrow in the aftermath of last night''s embarrassing FA Cup exit at Bury."

That says it all for me. No argument no need for discussion and absolutely no need for moronic posts in denial.

[/quote]Yes losing wasn''t in the game plan sparky, but it happens. do you think Man Utd expected to go out of the league cup to coventry? or southend last season? do you think livepool intended on going out 6-3 to aresenal at anfield last season? do you think that sunderland or leeds expected to go out to bury in various cups over the last season or so?this list could go on and on and on. its the FA cup, giant killings happen its what makes the ''magic of the cup''. so... did man Utd going out of the league cup last season and this to lower league opposition dent their title ambitions? erm... no. Liverpool... ok they didnt do much but it didnt exactly change anything in their season. Sunderland still got promoted and i believe leeds are still flying high... i''m sure there are hundreds of other examples of this situation.a game against bury on a bit of mud will not change our run, and as you quoted the face to face meetings will ensure every player is ready to play for their job against leicester.so please, no need for moronic posts about how the world is about to end because we lost against a lower league side.