Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Are we approaching another Windass moment?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

I really can''t believe that anybody bothered answering this

[/quote]

I expect you''ll bother reading this as well Foggy. It''s a quote from Glenn Roeder:

"By letting them go it forces your hand - you have to get players in. And if those players hadn''t moved out the desire, motivation and determination to get players in through the door - and I mean from everyone at the club - might not have been strong enough. Now it has to be strong, and we have to find a way to get them in."

Speaks for itself I would have thought.

The strong implication is that either the NCFC board is baulking on providing ''adequate funds'' in this transfer window or Neil Doncaster is falling down on the job.

OTBC

[/quote]

Blah and Bigfish, i think you are capable of reading between the lines with the above statement. It is basically a better phrased and more polite version of Walkers` "loosen the pursestrings" and Worthingtons` "City must pay the going rate". I`m sure there is an O`Niell equivalent too but i can`t remember it......Roeder has made two big points to the board in one day to my mind- the statement above and the line-up at Bury. Only a few weeks to go and we`ll see what affect it has had. Are you feeling confident.....?[^o)]

[/quote]

Mr Carrow. I await with considerable interest to find out ''the going rate'' this transfer window for one Mr. Taylor of Birmingham. All will be revealed in time.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

[/quote]

I expect you''ll bother reading this as well Foggy. It''s a quote from Glenn Roeder:

"By letting them go it forces your hand - you have to get players in. And if those players hadn''t moved out the desire, motivation and determination to get players in through the door - and I mean from everyone at the club - might not have been strong enough. Now it has to be strong, and we have to find a way to get them in."

The strong implication is that either the NCFC board is baulking on providing ''adequate funds'' in this transfer window or Neil Doncaster is falling down on the job.

OTBC

[/quote]

Blah and Bigfish, i think you are capable of reading between the lines with the above statement. It is basically a better phrased and more polite version of Walkers` "loosen the pursestrings" and Worthingtons` "City must pay the going rate". I`m sure there is an O`Niell equivalent too but i can`t remember it......Roeder has made two big points to the board in one day to my mind- the statement above and the line-up at Bury. Only a few weeks to go and we`ll see what affect it has had. Are you feeling confident.....?[^o)]

[/quote]

Mr Carrow. I await with considerable interest to find out ''the going rate'' this transfer window for one Mr. Taylor of Birmingham. All will be revealed in time.

OTBC

[/quote]

Yes, but one does not need to exercise "considerable interest''" to realise that, if Birmingham were executing a store sale, the merchandise must have been priced high because the shoppers are not exactly banging the doors down to get in.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Yes, but one does not need to exercise "considerable interest''" to realise that, if Birmingham were executing a store sale, the merchandise must have been priced high because the shoppers are not exactly banging the doors down to get in.

[/quote]

But they''re not having a store sale are they?

Any more than those other clubs whose central defenders we are enquiring about.

Brum merely know that - to us - Taylor is ''proven quality for our purposes'' because of his successful loan spell.

If Glenn had a half-decent transfer budget we would have snapped up Taylor long. long ago instead of b*ggering about believe you me!

OTBC

OTBC

I don''t understand your Taylor obsession Bly. Roeder seems calm about it, it doesn''t really have any relevance to any inferences taken from his quotes which were largely prompted by a shortage of strikers, the current incumbants are holding up and Brum are hardly inundated with alternative offers now that QPR have bought 2 CBs elsewhere.

If we had a £1million to spend I think I would rather have a target man.

[quote user="BigFish"]

I don''t understand your Taylor obsession Bly. Roeder seems calm about it, it doesn''t really have any relevance to any inferences taken from his quotes which were largely prompted by a shortage of strikers, the current incumbants are holding up and Brum are hardly inundated with alternative offers now that QPR have bought 2 CBs elsewhere.

If we had a £1million to spend I think I would rather have a target man.

[/quote]

I don''t think I have an obsession about Taylor. What I do have an obsession about is locking the back and strengthening the spine. These factors combined constitute the basis of most successful teams.

We need at least 3 new players this window who are better than those we have/recently had. A central defender, a creative end-to-end midfielder and a strong, mobile striker. This will strengthen the crucial areas.

I think you will find it hard to locate any supporters who would not prefer to see (Taylor + Doherty) or (Taylor + Shackell)l --rather than (Doherty + Shackell). And in any event, it''s critical to have at least three good central defenders on the books.

Roeder is usually ''calm'' enough about most things. But so too was Martin O''Neil -- until he blew up in the end!

We''ll have our answers soon enough by 31st January, but my suspicions are that Roeder will have to mainly horsetrade to fill the needs rather than finance them from ''new'' money (Marshall to Man City; replaced with cheaper option - maybe he also thinks that Gilks is good enough?). It would be nice for the NCFC board to prove me wrong though!

OTBC

I think sxcanary is right when he likens the process to a house sale chain. Clubs these days don''t like releasing players until they have replacements, and the clubs higher up the chain (like Birmingham in this case) decide when to make the sale. Roeder bucking the trend and releasing players doesn''t mean he is at loggerheads with the board or playing at brinkmanship. He is putting extra pressure on everyone, himself and the board included, to perform at their best in the transfer dealings though. It is a bold move, but these players were never going to get games excepting in a huge injury crisis.- Roeder would have known his January budget before signing any contract with us. He would have known the exact financial position. If he didn''t, he is an idiot of the highest order to play russian roulette with his career in such a way. Do you really think GR is such an idiot?- Why people believe everything Brady says in her Sun column beggers

belief. She contradicts herself all the time over prices and what

happens, and its written for ''entertainment'' not factual accuracy.- Brady is trying to get the best possible deal for Taylor. She won''t get this by selling him to us at the beginning of the window, she does this by selling him right at the end of the window. If you really think 250k is what is blocking the deal you are showing huge levels of naivety. In reality, if Taylor holds out for us, he will come to us, but Brady is using the time she has to get a deal that suits Brum better, and is also acceptable to Taylor.We need to be patient over transfers this window, its hugely important and Roeder needs the time to get it right. We can''t afford any duff signings, everyone coming in has to improve on what we have. Trust in Glenn!

[quote user="Big Down Under"]I think sxcanary is right when he likens the process to a house sale chain. Clubs these days don''t like releasing players until they have replacements, and the clubs higher up the chain (like Birmingham in this case) decide when to make the sale. Roeder bucking the trend and releasing players doesn''t mean he is at loggerheads with the board or playing at brinkmanship. He is putting extra pressure on everyone, himself and the board included, to perform at their best in the transfer dealings though. It is a bold move, but these players were never going to get games excepting in a huge injury crisis.

- Roeder would have known his January budget before signing any contract with us. He would have known the exact financial position. If he didn''t, he is an idiot of the highest order to play russian roulette with his career in such a way. Do you really think GR is such an idiot?
- Why people believe everything Brady says in her Sun column beggers belief. She contradicts herself all the time over prices and what happens, and its written for ''entertainment'' not factual accuracy.
- Brady is trying to get the best possible deal for Taylor. She won''t get this by selling him to us at the beginning of the window, she does this by selling him right at the end of the window. If you really think 250k is what is blocking the deal you are showing huge levels of naivety. In reality, if Taylor holds out for us, he will come to us, but Brady is using the time she has to get a deal that suits Brum better, and is also acceptable to Taylor.

We need to be patient over transfers this window, its hugely important and Roeder needs the time to get it right. We can''t afford any duff signings, everyone coming in has to improve on what we have. Trust in Glenn!
[/quote]

I do trust Glenn!!

I don''t trust the NCFC board! They are the one''s playing roulette with the future of the club.

And I repeat. If we had a half-decent transfer budget we''d have snapped up Taylor long ago instead of b*ggering about.

Tell me I''m not right.

And make up your mind about Brady, You can''t have it both ways.

OTBC

[quote user="Big Down Under"]I think sxcanary is right when he likens the process to a house sale chain. Clubs these days don''t like releasing players until they have replacements, and the clubs higher up the chain (like Birmingham in this case) decide when to make the sale. Roeder bucking the trend and releasing players doesn''t mean he is at loggerheads with the board or playing at brinkmanship. He is putting extra pressure on everyone, himself and the board included, to perform at their best in the transfer dealings though. It is a bold move, but these players were never going to get games excepting in a huge injury crisis.

- Roeder would have known his January budget before signing any contract with us. He would have known the exact financial position. If he didn''t, he is an idiot of the highest order to play russian roulette with his career in such a way. Do you really think GR is such an idiot?
- Why people believe everything Brady says in her Sun column beggers belief. She contradicts herself all the time over prices and what happens, and its written for ''entertainment'' not factual accuracy.
- Brady is trying to get the best possible deal for Taylor. She won''t get this by selling him to us at the beginning of the window, she does this by selling him right at the end of the window. If you really think 250k is what is blocking the deal you are showing huge levels of naivety. In reality, if Taylor holds out for us, he will come to us, but Brady is using the time she has to get a deal that suits Brum better, and is also acceptable to Taylor.

We need to be patient over transfers this window, its hugely important and Roeder needs the time to get it right. We can''t afford any duff signings, everyone coming in has to improve on what we have. Trust in Glenn!
[/quote]

I believe in what Karen Brady has to say - as much as what our Board and Chief Exec have to say....

Patience by all means, but if Glenn Roeder hasn''t already set his targets for strengthening; or the board have said ''nope'' aim lower.....then what is he to do? (Apart from aiming lower and bringing in loans).

Then again, our Board and Chief Exec certainly aren''t naive are they......24,000+ folk turning up week in week out to support a team fighting relegation......I just feel it won''t be too long before the relationship between our Board and the manager - starts to turn sour.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I don''t think I have an obsession about Taylor. What I do have an obsession about is locking the back and strengthening the spine. These factors combined constitute the basis of most successful teams.

We need at least 3 new players this window who are better than those we have/recently had. A central defender, a creative end-to-end midfielder and a strong, mobile striker. This will strengthen the crucial areas.

I think you will find it hard to locate any supporters who would not prefer to see (Taylor + Doherty) or (Taylor + Shackell)l --rather than (Doherty + Shackell). And in any event, it''s critical to have at least three good central defenders on the books.

Roeder is usually ''calm'' enough about most things. But so too was Martin O''Neil -- until he blew up in the end!

We''ll have our answers soon enough by 31st January, but my suspicions are that Roeder will have to mainly horsetrade to fill the needs rather than finance them from ''new'' money (Marshall to Man City; replaced with cheaper option - maybe he also thinks that Gilks is good enough?). It would be nice for the NCFC board to prove me wrong though!

OTBC

[/quote]

..........you want three players better than what we have/recently had but I''m not going to be that unambitious I want 11 (you know it makes as much sense). If you could only have one what would it be? My money would always be on the striker - the defence is proving none too sahdy at the moment but scoring... well that is another story.

Roeder is clearly hinting that it will be loans only this window so get used to it.

Btw Martin O''Neill calm........you are having a laugh.

Dredged from Dodgy Rumours today:

Lee Clark is and old friend from school and he tells me that Glenn Roeder will leave Norwich City on Wednesday, due to his outrage at being mislead over available transfer funds.
Lee will take the helm at least until the end of the season.

and

Finally some news worth reading. I have heard from a friend who is close to Glen that Norwich will only make one permanent signing between now and the end of the window. This will be an out of favour centre back, rumoured to be Martin Taylor.

The logic behind this being that he knows Norwich are not in a position to challenge for promotion this season and so will use his remaining budget, + rumoured investment to build a new squad in the Summer

Why do they print this rubbish? It''s scandalous.

OTBC

Lee Clark is and old friend from school and he tells me that Glenn Roeder will leave Norwich City on Wednesday, due to his outrage at being mislead over available transfer funds.

and

Finally some news worth reading. I have heard from a friend who is close to Glen that Norwich will only make one permanent signing between now and the end of the window. This will be an out of favour centre back, rumoured to be Martin Taylor.

The logic behind this being that he knows Norwich are not in a position to challenge for promotion this season and so will use his remaining budget, + rumoured investment to build a new squad in the Summer

OTBC

[/quote]

It gets pinted because fans get desparate for the quick fix, that something should be done and if it isn''t done someone is to blame. Look at this board as a classic example. The add in the opportunity to make something up as a wind up that for a certain element is too good to be true and you are left with a febrile atmosphere.

I for one believe Roeder when he says he is working his socks of to get players in. I also wouldn''t be surprised if they don''t arrive this window but I won''t be looking for a conspiracy theory to explain this.

and

OTBC

[/quote]

Babes you lovely old boy , You half believe this otherwise you would not have posted it , all I can say is ,You.....have.....had.....lots.....of....medicine.....today.....[;)]. arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

and

OTBC

[/quote]

Babes you lovely old boy , You half believe this otherwise you would not have posted it , all I can say is ,You.....have.....had.....lots.....of....medicine.....today.....[;)]. arrdee.

[/quote]

Nope, RD, just rather......... too.......... much........ toad-in-the hole....... prepared........ according to....... that....... recipe in www.deliaonline.com, Supposed to be a sensory delight, on a budget - something  like our transfer kitty, I suppose.

Rather gave me indigestion this time though.[+o(][:)]

OTBC

Watch out.

Eyes peeled.

Gird your loins.

OTBC

[/quote]

Frankly, I think the points you make on this forum are ridiculous. Of course we''re not moving to "another Windass moment"; why? Because regardless of what you may think of our board, they will have been honest with Roeder and stipulated the money that would be available.

Your arguments and insistence otherwise is naieve and ridiculous.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

and

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope, RD, just rather......... too.......... much........ toad-in-the hole....... prepared........ according to....... that....... recipe in www.deliaonline.com, Supposed to be a sensory delight, on a budget - something  like our transfer kitty, I suppose.

Rather gave me indigestion this time though.[+o(][:)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Now "babes" I can well understand your predicament you do insist on eating those sawdust sausages from your butcher for those toad in the holes and no wonder you are feeling [+o(] now as you have this indigestion I suppose we have [8o|] on our hands , of course we will now all suffer as a result . I do think this calls for a double Appletons to take the pain away , or perhaps more , [;)] arrdee.