Sign in to follow this  
Jonnyboy

Norwich City vs Crystal Palace the similarities...

I''m not a big fan of Palace, Simon Jordan or Neil Warnock but... I can''t believe how well they have done!!

There is a good comparison between ourselves and them... (wait for it...)

The link below is to the tables on October 29th:

http://www.cpfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LeagueTable/0,,10323~20071029,00.html

We were on 8 points and they were on 11 points.

CP then went on a run of  D D D W W D W D W W W W putting them on 37 points and in 7th!!!!

Our run got delayed until November 24th ( 26 days later) we then produced W W L W W D W D D putting us on 27 points and in 20th place!?!

We have won two games less then CP in that time and lost a match but we kicked off our run three games later.

I truely believe that we should have taken at least a win from the last two games and if we can beat CP and continue our run there is no reason why we can''t be in there position in a months time!!!

I know it sounds hopefully but come on city lets keep the points ticking over and see where we are come February!

I cant see us getting anything from the palace game yes we are playing alot better than we were a few months ago ( we now do dig in and fight) but we have also had a bit luck on our side, our current crop of players do not  have the wow factor to see us steaming up the league hopefully januray will change all that.

Very interesting post.

I wonder who would have taken Warnock over Roeder?  I think with Warnock you''re guaranteed of staying up, but I feel happier knowing we might get a few seasons of Roeder to get us playing the City way again.

I hate to say it, and I sincerely hope I''m badly wrong, but I think Palace will win by 2 or 3 nil. To my knowledge, Selhurst Park has never been a happy hunting ground for the Canaries and I can''t really forsee an upturn in our fortunes just now. We have to start winning at FCR once again, that could be the key to survival.

selhust park isn''t a happy hunting ground for city - with the boys physically drained -  its down to mental toughness.  i''m sure roedy will have the boys well prepared - but a draw would be great, a victory - excellent dude!!!  having said that, we''ve had 2 home ties, while they played away on saturday - they defended a 1 nil lead as well - they could be feeling it more than us.i say bring back the pre-match huddle for this one!!! then go straight for the jugular from the K.O. - we could be 3 nil up by half time??? more likely the other way - but you never know.

I was going to post something similar yesterday; I was flicking through the Bristol City programme and noticed that after 10 games Palace were only 3 pts and 4 places ahead of us - it does show how things can change when things ''click''; their form of 7-5-0 (26pts in 12) is impressive near title-winning form, and our recent 9 game run of 5-3-1 (18 in 9) is not so bad either.

Palace are clearly the form side in this division and right now I would happily settle for a point tomorrow.  With our next two league games being these tricky games at Palace and Barnsley, they are both matches where we might come away with nothing even if we play well.  I just hope that people realise this and don''t go ''off on one'' if we slip back into the bottom 3, it is the subsequent home games against Leicester and Preson that will have much more bearing on our season.

Totally agree, at the time I said that I''d have Warnock here like a shot.

He has done well.

Interesting to look at the table.

Check where Scunthorpe are................................11 points ahead of us!!!!!!!!!

Bit Different now!!!!!

Happy New Year to Everyone!!!!