Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

Ched Evans or another Chris Martin??

Theres a lot of talk now about the wonder kid Ched Evans after tonights game. Yes he scored a fantastic goal after 2 minutes to give us the lead but then spent the rest of the game scrapping for the long balls being punted up the field.  But i recall a similar thing happening last year.  a young person by the name of Chris Martin.  he came out of nowhere and started scoring goals, showing immense enthusiasm and urging the team forward. 18 years old, young and willing to get his boots dirty.  does any of this sound familiar.I think it is wrong that Chris Martin is shut out at the moment. maybe with the right amount of encouragement from roeder and his crew,  a bit of nurtureing from Dion and hucks and we can still have our very own Star in the making. Ched Evans or Chris Martin. very similar stories, you decide?

I think Martin and others will benefit from having Evans in the Club as he is showing them what it takes. When Evans scored (and he never looked like missing) the rest of the team mobbed him. He clearly has a good attitude.

Roeder has seen the good attitude, work ethic, runs and ability in training and it was clear tonight why he forced his way into the team. Chris Martin is lucky enough to play for his home Club and if that wasn''t enough now has a yardstick in front of him to measure his own efforts by.

Another Roeder masterstroke.

If Martin is ever to become the player he can then he has got to want it enough and that means working his socks off in training and in games, on tonights evidence Evans looked far hungrier than Martin has at any time this season and looks to have the ability to go with it. It may do Martin good to have someone come in and jump ahead of him in the pecking order, perhaps he''ll start to get his head down and fight for his pl;ace.

For me the problem with Martin is in his own head;  too often he disappears;  as roeder has already publically stated the only person who can make you realise your potnetial is yourself;  Martin seems to think he is already there.

Ched is looking to impress and I hope his effort levels continue to be high - it may remind martin what he needs to do himself to make the most of his obvious talent.

Just hope Evans continues to shine - unlike Pattison who has disappeared a little over the last couple of games.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

For me the problem with Martin is in his own head;  too often he disappears;  as roeder has already publically stated the only person who can make you realise your potnetial is yourself;  Martin seems to think he is already there.

Ched is looking to impress and I hope his effort levels continue to be high - it may remind martin what he needs to do himself to make the most of his obvious talent.

Just hope Evans continues to shine - unlike Pattison who has disappeared a little over the last couple of games.

[/quote]

Fair point about Matty P, but i felt sorry for him over the last 2 games as we seem to be using Hucks'' side most of the time. After all he is our outlet!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]Im not comparing the 2 players as they stand now.  im say that Evans is the Chris martin we had last season, full of goals, effort, workrate and enthusiasm. you look at martin from last year and evans from now and they almost match up like for like.  give Martin the time and effort and he can be that player again

Martin was fantastic when he burst on to the scene last year. However as soon as he got his contract he became a different player....lazy and seemed uninterested.  Great talent but i think he needs to sort his head out and show that he wants to play for us.

I think they''re two entirely different people so anyone who knows them probably won''t be able to comment on the matter fairly.It does look like Evans is hungrier than Martin was based on what we''ve seen of him so far. They''ve both got talent, but from what people say about Evans it sounds like he''s the next Craig Bellamy in the making. As Cityangel said - competition can only be a good thing. Hopefully Ched''s goal last night will give Martin a point to prove, and hopefully his apparent mis-management during Peter Grant''s reign will soon be a distant memory.