Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

players concerns

I dont usually do these sort of threads but i have heard from a very good source players are worried about the boards lack of ambition. A few feel the same as Hucks but are not in the position to be open like him. If some of the players DO feel that way this cant be good for morale and maybe Hucks was speaking for more than himself, The board must really push the boat out imo or we WILL GO DOWN, make no mistake about it.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

I dont usually do these sort of threads but i have heard from a very good source players are worried about the boards lack of ambition. A few feel the same as Hucks but are not in the position to be open like him. If some of the players DO feel that way this cant be good for morale and maybe Hucks was speaking for more than himself, The board must really push the boat out imo or we WILL GO DOWN, make no mistake about it.

[/quote]Ricky, I don''t believe that there is a single person involved with this club from the supporters upwards who can''t see that this board have failed the club big time. It''s obvious to everyone (including us percy''s) that the only way out of the situation we find ourselves in requires an influx of new (quality) players who also have the grit and determination to throw themselves into battle. Those players will cost money !!  That cost will be nothing in comparison to the money the club will lose if we are demoted.

I am sure the board are aware of this and also aware of the cost to their own reputations if our club is relegated. Delia and Co. have seen first hand how an angry Norwich City support can vent their spleen towards club owners and I feel sure they won''t be prepared to walk that road. Delia and Michael certainly don''t come across as people who could handle conflict but I feel sure that if we don''t start getting results in the next two or three games then conflict is exactly what they''re are going to get !!

The percy in me tells me that the season is only one third gone and we still have thirty games to pull things round which for a club of our standing, shouldn''t be too difficult, but, that will only be achieved with new players. The board MUST loosen the purse strings and if they can''t, then they should walk.

We must change the motto. AMBITION WON PRUDENCE NIL !!

[/quote] Ricky, not that I am doubting your source, or your intentions, but it just doesn''t ring true. The other players who share Hucks sentiments or thoughts dare not speak up? Why not? I am sure they are all adult and able to be articulate and give us the benefit of their thoughts on the club (or are they worried about the reprecussions of speaking out against their employers?). I don''t doubt that there are a few more than Hucks with these feelings and thoughts on how our club has fared recently. It would take a player of incredible ignorance to think the club was doing well and that their ambitions were being realised on the pitch. Sad but true fact that even footballers can work out is that under investment in the squad is why we are now languishing at the bottom of the league.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote] Ricky, not that I am doubting your source, or your intentions, but it just doesn''t ring true. The other players who share Hucks sentiments or thoughts dare not speak up? Why not? I am sure they are all adult and able to be articulate and give us the benefit of their thoughts on the club (or are they worried about the reprecussions of speaking out against their employers?). I don''t doubt that there are a few more than Hucks with these feelings and thoughts on how our club has fared recently. It would take a player of incredible ignorance to think the club was doing well and that their ambitions were being realised on the pitch. Sad but true fact that even footballers can work out is that under investment in the squad is why we are now languishing at the bottom of the league.[/quote]Thing is, Huckerby''s good enough to keep his place in the side should we spend £XXmillion on new players, whereas other members of the team will be left out in the cold. So they''re not really going to encourage the board to spend some money and bring new players in are they? Because then most of them will have to drop a division (or two!) to get a game after leaving us.

[/quote]

And the winner of  the 2008 "Stating the obvious" award is ...............

Time is of the essence - this board must stump up immediately to reverse the de-investment in the team or go. It really is as simple as that. Roeder at first glance appears a competent, driven mangager, far superior to his predeccesor. He MUST be given the tools to do the job. NOW.

As Mook pointed out on another thread, Roeder''s initial impression seems to be that it is the players, rather than the board, who are lacking ambition:

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED09%20Nov%202007%2008%3A05%3A04%3A723

Obviously we never really know what goes on behind the scenes but Roeder''s comments make a lot more sense to me than the notion that the players arent performing because they''re worried about the board''s lack of ambition!!

So you all expect Roeder to say the board lack ambition, get real, as for the players they just aint good enough. Also if you dont think players talk about these things you are so naive its a joke, good players coming in lifts morale our 3 best remaning players left, god my brain hurts.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

And the winner of  the 2008 "Stating the obvious" award is ...............

[/quote]

“With the money we have got to spend it is proving very difficult to get the quality of player that I want,”

“We have to be proactive rather than reactive. We signed Dean Ashton in January instead of pre-season and I think the lesson should have been learned from that."

“We have looked across the board and the two top targets were Hulse number one, and Howard number two.”
“They were the top two targets, they''ve gone. The quality that we need in the football club just isn''t about - it is about but you need to go and pay mega millions and we haven''t got mega millions. The two that would have come in and helped take us forward have gone and there isn''t that much about that myself and the staff feel is really going to help us.”
“There is not a lot of plan C, D, E, F, G, H from the point of view of the quality that we need to come into this football club and take us forward. I can go and sign five six-foot three strikers tomorrow for £100,000 apiece - they won''t do the job that we want because they are not good enough, simple as that, and if you want to move forward then you need good players within the club. It is not a surprise because when there is not an abundance of those types of strikers about, they command high transfer fees, they command high wages. Certainly in the Howard situation, yes, £1m is a lot of money for him, but if that''s what there is about and that''s the going rate at the time, then that''s it."

And the winner of  the 2006 "Stating the obvious" award is ...............

Roeder was out of work...and beggars can''t be choosers. Do you reckon he would have come here immediately after he had left Newcastle?  Not a chance.........

He has been waiting for a bigger club to come along....and because it hasn''t he has come here despite the obvious problems with the Board. Even if he fails spectacularly he will still get 2.5 years salary...and not get blamed for a thing.  It will be a case of "not my fault Guv''"....and he would probably be right..........