Sign in to follow this  
Cluck

Re: Ron Davies [thread split from pinned post]

I''m not a xenophobe and neither is what I state drivel - they''re facts.

In my nigh on a half a century on this planet I''ve resided & worked in five countries - I''ve befriended many nationalities and I regard many of them with great esteem.

I will, however, hold my hands up and admit that some of my views regarding the state of this country could be construed as a tad insular, but those views are, nevertheless, factual.

And it''s the growing numbers of Anglophobes within this country you should be ashamed of.

Miss Macdougal whined......

"Just when I thought it couldn''t get any worse being a City fan, now I find that I''m utterly ashamed to be associated with some of my ''fellow'' fans - what a load of mindless, xenophobic drivel".  

Fear not Missy Mac...no-one associates you with other City fans.......

It seems that straight talking and strong opinion still survives in this artificial fantasy world of candy floss and political correctness.....Truly heartwarming.

And Baldyboy....I''m chuffed to share cyberspace with you mate. Did my bit in Viet Nam via Oz many years ago...so I''ve got some idea of what you lads are going through. Popular war or not.... you''re a star!    [B][B] [Y]

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

Based on his two posts today alone, I want Shaun Lawson to be the new Norwich manager!

[/quote]

Seconded

[quote user="Shyster"]

In my nigh on a half a century on this planet I''ve resided & worked in five countries - I''ve befriended many nationalities and I regard many of them with great esteem.

I will, however, hold my hands up and admit that some of my views regarding the state of this country could be construed as a tad insular, but those views are, nevertheless, factual.

And it''s the growing numbers of Anglophobes within this country you should be ashamed of.

[/quote]

Yes you are xenophobic. I assume that you understand the contribution that these people make to any growth in our economy at the moment - they are off the radar, which means that they can be exploited free from the hindrance of employment laws that legal workers enjoy, thus providing an extremely cheap source of labour, increasing the profits of many industries (not least of which being the farming industry) - the government accept this growth without providing the extra budget to local councils to account for the extra pressure on local services and the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of these people who have crappy enough lives anyway, imo.

I know exactly who I''m ashamed of, thank you very much.

And yes I know this is way off the subject of giving money to get BD a new hip and, I am also confused as to why the question of immigratiom was introduced to this thread?      

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"]

I make no apology for bringing in a reality check to another ludicrously over emotional matter. Fair enough if others disagree...but such over reaction speaks volumes.

Firstly...with so much  money slushing around in the game these days....is it not obscene that joe ordinary is asked to put his hand into his pocket yet again?  This is a matter for the Professional Footballers Association...not fans of a club where he stayed for a relatively short time before moving on to Southampton....the club he stated on BBC''s South Today last Friday as the place which "had the best fans".  Take a look at the PFA who rake in millions from a game Davies helped make so popular...and you will see £10 million spent on a Lowry painting alone...plus many tens of thousands on other football memorabilia to "pretty up" their offices and their Football Museum.

The point is...football should look after their own and half an hours pay from any major Premiership player would get him what he needs, and some. He also chose to turn his back on the country and make a new life abroad....whereas if he had stayed here it would have been done for free. You can''t have your cake and eat it in life I''m afraid.

So...knee jerks to this opinion just shows how far out of touch some people are....and how they allow their emotional attachments to cloud their logic. If you''ve got a few quid...there''s an old nurse I know who gave a whole career to tending the sick on next to no pay and finds herself unable to walk or get out of her tiny flat....but then she didn''t score goals or draw cartoons like Davies did she?

Say what you like.... charity begins at home and there are many more needy cases here than RD in the US I''m afraid.

[/quote]

Now Cluck you are such a lovely ,,,Well you know how i feel about you with out me going on about how sweet you are .

Now i am intrigued by this old nurse of yours who was paid next to nothing , surely she has a case to take to the N H S administration for unfair pay .I can''t see you putting up with this injustice for one minute Cluck so please keep us up to date how you are getting on with it and if i can help in any way i would be more than pleased . Thank goodness she never turned her back on this country ,as she can get all her treatment free . well done Cluck .arrdee.

[/quote]

Well arrdee...she doesn''t want for much...and would be too proud to seek handouts or charity anyway. I can''t make her health any better...but I can make certain she has regular company and ensure that her shopping is delivered to her door.  No big deal I know...but whilst our society becomes ever more selfish and insular there''s at least one elderly person who''s existence is valued.  I''m always amazed that by simply changing a light bulb or putting the bin out it gives her so much pleasure!          [:)]

[quote user="Shyster"]

''Opinions are like arseholes........everybody has one.''

And your opinion on this occasion is that of an arsehole, Shack Attack.

If you feel so strongly against the armed forces, may I suggest that you go live in a neutral country such as Ireland or Switzerland.

Better still, go to Cambodia it''s further away.

[/quote]

Isn''t it funny how the very same people who complain about ''political correctness'' and ''the nanny state'' get their knickers in such a twist when somebody voices an opinion they don''t like. I wasn''t aware that providing moral support for the armed forces was a condition of living in this country of ours.

It also speaks volumes that the person who my comment was directed at (e.g. Cluck) took no offence whatsoever but you couldn''t resist not only having a pop at me but also, for some bizzare reason, illegal immigrants.

[quote user="shyster"]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="baldyboy"]as a member of the armed forces, i have to agree with you wiz. i have many friends who are or have been to the gulf and are putting lives on the line for not as much as footballers earn in a day.  Davies had the money and should have saved some.[/quote]I didn''t realise conscription had been brought back.....[/quote]

It bloody well ought to be brought back - especially for illegal immigrants who have no intentions of finding work and who usually wind up in one of the numerous over-crowded prisons at the expense of the tax-payer.

National Service should also brought back for the vast numbers of lost souls that are teenagers in this country.

[/quote]Oh dear how embarrassing

[quote user="shyster"]

[/quote]

Well, I think they should ban certain plastic surgeries on the NHS.

I hope they''re not on a fella - bit hard to tell. But then, maybe you are really shy?

Talk about hooked on dribble.

OTBC

[quote user="shyster"]

[/quote]

Strange how this got such a bad reception as it''s pretty much spot on.....but there we have it in a nutshell. As it is always the loudest voice that gets heard...the thoughts of the silent majority remain just that.....silent and unvoiced.  It''s time for an adult debate in this country regarding the crazy immigration system we currently have....and even many of the immigrants themselves say the same. It''s got nothing to do with colour...but has everything to do with the dilution of our culture. This is ENGLAND and has been for many centuries....but somehow it is no longer allowable to be patriotic..

Weird that I lived in Oz and whilst there I was endlessly called a POM...but did this worry me?.....Not a bit...as I was in someone else''s country where I was expected to do as the natives did. This very simple and understandable rule doesn''t seem to apply here though....I wonder why?  Cue the "loudest voice" again.....

Cluck - did you see today that the Labour party have changed their emblem from a rose to a condom as it more accurately reflects their political stance? --- A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of p***ks and gives you a sense of security while you are actually being f***ed over!

"Weird that I lived in Oz and whilst there I was endlessly called a POM...but did this worry me?.....Not a bit...as I was in someone else''s country where I was expected to do as the natives did. This very simple and understandable rule doesn''t seem to apply here though....I wonder why?  Cue the "loudest voice" again..."

That''s right, Cluck, the ''When in Rome'' maxim doesn''t seem to apply to good ol'' blighty -- It must be the Crusades & Colonialism that ours, and future generations are to be eternally ashamed of. [:P] never mind the fact that it was also our forefathers who fought & died for the freedom of Europe, if not the world.

Imagine going to reside in a Muslim country and insisting on the building of a flint, Christian church with a pub next to it? [:|]