Sign in to follow this  
Colourful Canary

GUNNY'S HEAD

Has anyone else seen the strange picture currently on the official Canaries website ?

It appears obviously touched-up, with Bryan Gunns head stuck somewhat hap-hazardly onto the shoulders of someone wearing a "PG" training top. Beside him John Hartson also seems oddly slim and out of place - come on, official site, is this a sick joke or can''t you do better ?!

Dear Moderators

I feel that this message is not in the best taste and perhaps should be withdrawn. Bryan Gunn openly states in his book that he suffers from Ankylosing Spondylitis, I too suffer from this awful chronic painful disease which causes distortion in the neck and spine which is highlighted in the photograph of Brian Gunn on the official website. To draw attention to this publically is not particularly helpful.

I am more than happy for my message to be sent to Huge Hairy Canary so he is aware.

Kind Regards

Maidstone Canary

[quote user="Huge Hairy Canary"]

Has anyone else seen the strange picture currently on the official Canaries website ?

It appears obviously touched-up, with Bryan Gunns head stuck somewhat hap-hazardly onto the shoulders of someone wearing a "PG" training top. Beside him John Hartson also seems oddly slim and out of place - come on, official site, is this a sick joke or can''t you do better ?!

[/quote]IT is obviously a "BG" Shirt but all you can see is the top of the B making it look like a P

Hi Kevin, I''ve left the message up as we can''t say whether Huge Hairy Canary is aware of Bryan''s condition or not. By approving your message this should help explain the photograph. I''m sure Huge Hairy Canary meant no harm or malice in his post.

No offence was intended !

I have seen Gunny at Carrow Road and on TV on several occasions and he certainly did not look like he does in that photo. I therefore genuinely thought that the picture had been tampered with in some way and that it was some sort of joke by the website people. I am ashamed to say that I have not read his autobiography and had no idea that he was suffering from a disease. My apologies to Maidstone Canary and any one else who thought the post was in bad taste.

[quote user="Huge Hairy Canary"]

No offence was intended !

I have seen Gunny at Carrow Road and on TV on several occasions and he certainly did not look like he does in that photo. I therefore genuinely thought that the picture had been tampered with in some way and that it was some sort of joke by the website people. I am ashamed to say that I have not read his autobiography and had no idea that he was suffering from a disease. My apologies to Maidstone Canary and any one else who thought the post was in bad taste.

[/quote]

Eggshells everywhere eh HHC?......

This leaves me wondering why they didn''t alter the image though.......

At least you managed to avoid the pitfall of offending the folically challenged by failing to mention what a great advert the pair of them would make for Pantene Pro Vitamin Conditioner! A trap I couldn''t but fail to step into...