Sign in to follow this  
charlies dad

Danny Mills Lashes out.

If you get the chance, take a look in todays EDP. Danny Mills comes out fighting after Peter Grant labels him a cheat. The guy certainly doesnt pull any punches, but in the midst of a long and surprisingly well-measured tirade, he comes out with ''its comments from a man under pressure, looking for excuses for his own teams failings'' to describe Grants attack. Personally ive never liked Mills, I dont know anyone who knows him with a good word to say, but I read his comments with interest this morning. I cant recall an opponent making such derogatory remarks about the club or its manager. Is Mills in the know? is his opinion valid?    

It''s interesting reading, and gives a good account of the other side of the argument.

However, “In the second half we came together again after chasing for the ball,” said Mills. “To get in front, I put my arm across him, which is good defending. He fell to the ground quite dramatically, but when the decision went against him he jumped straight up and still I don''t see how I cheated,” in Danny Mills language translates into English as...

''I elbowed him in the head.''

We all saw it. He didn''t make perfect contact, but that''s not the point. If he can''t tell the truth here, then you have to take the rest of the article in the vein it''s written.

(I believe the decision regarding Dion was fair enough).

Mills knew exactly what he was doing in that game and every other game. He is a wind up merchant and when push comes to shove he is a cheat. He can say "no not me, honest" all he likes, but he can''t change what was there for all to see.Not suprised that he aggrevated the cheating by lying about it either. Its the sort of "man" he is.

I think Mills is telling the truth about the Dion incident - he wasn''t trying to get Dion sent off. As he says, they both fell over, there was a squaring up which was six of one and half a dozen of the other, and it was the rather over-excited ref''s decision to send Dion off. I''m amazed the appeal wasn''t upheld, because I didn''t see any violent conduct (though I haven''t seen any replays).

OTBC

[quote user="mbncfc"]

We all saw it. He didn''t make perfect contact, but that''s not the point. If he can''t tell the truth here, then you have to take the rest of the article in the vein it''s written.

(I believe the decision regarding Dion was fair enough).

[/quote]

We didn''t all see it mbncfc. Only those that were there saw it. Just like those that were there saw a good battling performance spoiled only by two dubious penalty decisions. Just like those who were there saw Doherty hardly put a foot wrong all game. When you checked this board on Wednesday morning you saw what those who weren''t there saw, and now they can pal up with good old Danny Mills.

The reaction on this board following Tuesdays defeat is plain crazy. I agree with people who wanted to see Dave the striker start. I said so on here before I left to go to the game. But like I have said since I can see where Peter Grant was coming from and I''m sure he realised that if his selection didn''t work out he would be in for criticism. But surely that can''t take away from the performance of the players who did play on Tuesday evening.

Danny Mills would fit in well on this board. A Norwich boy with nothing good to say about the club.

He plays the eloquent footballer with a right to defend himself, then makes comments such as:

"I''m not bi-lingual but perhaps the word contradiction means something different in Scottish".

This guy is a complete pr**k. Anyone who wanted him at our club should be very embarrassed indeed.

[quote user="Mazy Run"]

I think Mills is telling the truth about the Dion incident - he wasn''t trying to get Dion sent off. As he says, they both fell over, there was a squaring up which was six of one and half a dozen of the other, and it was the rather over-excited ref''s decision to send Dion off. I''m amazed the appeal wasn''t upheld, because I didn''t see any violent conduct (though I haven''t seen any replays).

OTBC

[/quote]

How about this for a purely hypothetical explanation.

The ref was tired & hyped up - end of game, had just given 2 pens against away side in 2 mins - dirty team.

Then, players collided & went down. Faced off. Big man peering down aggressively at smaller man Appears threatening. Ref has flashback, remembers he was bullied in an earlier life. Tired, sweaty, hyped up and determined to teach those dirty bullies a lesson he sends off the biggest bully. After all the home crowd aren''t going to argue.

Defends his actions in his after match report (what referee doesn''t?). After all he highly values his status job (far, far above his boyhood dreams of possibilities when he was getting bullied in the playground), and knows that the FA suits will back refs to the nth degree even in the face of video evidence - like 3 blind mice.

C''est la vie.

OTBC