Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

LET'S START AGAIN!

If I were Peter Grant, this is what I would be saying to my players.

The season begins on Saturday 15th September 2007 against Palace.

So, we start the season against a bogey side, have three very tough games in a row and a 3rd round cup draw against a Premiership Team. It''s a tough start but not nearly as tough as a desperate period after underacheivement in easier games.

Players are now more integrated and match fit, others are finally back, the squad is larger and more balanced.

There has been a two week break and it is no good dwelling on the Cardiff result, the Hull result and other shortcomings. It has been a time to re-group, re-assess and look forwards. To carry baggage into the next few games would hamper our team who need a minimum of 5 points to feel they are competing.

Supporters need to have the same attitude. I dislike the late summer day games with their artificial atmosphere and teams in flux and always look forwards to September. (The exception being night games of which there should be more early on).

Let''s make the break work for us and start afresh  like it is the beginning of a new season.

It all starts on Saturday; it''s time we beat Palace properly and we need to go there with opening day optimism and anticipation to lift the players.

This time last year we were right up the top and it all went bad from there. This year we''re in the opposite position, maybe we''ll finish high as a continuing trend.

My other plan is that now we have a red away kit again, and an interesting European striker, we will reach the playoff finals but lose, next season will be mediocre then we''ll go up the next one. All because of the red away kit...

[quote user="Pete Stringfella"]

If I were Peter Grant, this is what I would be saying to my players.

The season begins on Saturday 15th September 2007 against Palace.

So, we start the season against a bogey side, have three very tough games in a row and a 3rd round cup draw against a Premiership Team. It''s a tough start but not nearly as tough as a desperate period after underacheivement in easier games.

Players are now more integrated and match fit, others are finally back, the squad is larger and more balanced.

There has been a two week break and it is no good dwelling on the Cardiff result, the Hull result and other shortcomings. It has been a time to re-group, re-assess and look forwards. To carry baggage into the next few games would hamper our team who need a minimum of 5 points to feel they are competing.

Supporters need to have the same attitude. I dislike the late summer day games with their artificial atmosphere and teams in flux and always look forwards to September. (The exception being night games of which there should be more early on).

Let''s make the break work for us and start afresh  like it is the beginning of a new season.

It all starts on Saturday; it''s time we beat Palace properly and we need to go there with opening day optimism and anticipation to lift the players.

[/quote]

Oh i know we''ll start the season again.....and again and again and again and............how long will some of you supporters let our club be ruined by the underachieving board who now jack about football?

Well I guess that the board were at least cleverer enough to realise that ticket sales would reduce so no need to expand the stadium, and hence the hotel.