Sign in to follow this  
O.T.B.C

Jurgen Colin

Watching the Ajax v Madrid game on SS1, he looks ok, not bursting forward a lot but the Ajax team is a very strong line up and he his keeping then at bay and looks ok. Good luck to him, would have liked him to stay and maybe see him in the cental defence role, I assume that has been tried in training, but as he wanted to go back to Holland, then you can''t stop him.

Actually he is playing more on the left hand side of a 3 man defence and has got better as the game went on.

Yes and they have won 2 - 0 .... yes he played well Colin (3rd choice) ... who needs Hughes and Otsemobor .... PG

And almost everybody in this forum is telling us now that Colin was rubbish .... even Safri was rubbish .... short short memories ... what a shame !

I thought Colin looked really good as a left center back?? [:O]

According to a WOTBer he said on his arrival here:  "I am most comfortable at centre-back, but Nigel has indicated that he needs some help at right back and while that is the case I will be happy to help out any way I can."

Surely he can''t have been any worse than Doherty??  Too late now anyway I guess to worry about these things (and I don''t remember him being great in the air either)

[quote user="YellowRoad"]

Yes and they have won 2 - 0 .... yes he played well Colin (3rd choice) ... who needs Hughes and Otsemobor .... PG

And almost everybody in this forum is telling us now that Colin was rubbish .... even Safri was rubbish .... short short memories ... what a shame !

[/quote]

I would not say Colin was rubbish, he was however definately not suited to English football, let alone the campionship

i liked Jurgen and thought he was a decent payer for us.. never saw him have shockers like some other Golden Boy Defender i can name who gets in the team regardless of ineptitude weekly!

I wish Jurgen well and we might see him against British oposition in European Competition... the fact he is laying for one of Europes top clubs now suggests that perhaps we should of used him better than we did... u dont end up at Ajax if ur crap!

jas :)

[quote user="YellowRoad"]

[/quote]

I never once praised Colin as i didnt see enough evidence to make me do it. However last nite he did play well.

I just dont think his style suited the English game. Some players struggle to adapt. I saw more from him last night than i didin all of his city career.

Its a shame but thats the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. Good luck Jurgen, i wish you all the best.