Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Strihavka blasts Aidy Boothroyd!!!

Oh dear Smudger, i can`t believe you didnt know what Foncy was, are u a binner posting on here to wind people up?

The bet is still the same, Cureton to get 20 league goals and Strihavka 15 league goals, but both must make a minimum of 35 appearances as stated in my earlier post, otherwise if one of them broke a leg ten games in it would hardly be a fair bet.

Im willing to back Peter Grant by saying that if they play they will score, its the classic big man , little man pairing. Remember Roberts and Bellamy together !!

I just cant see Dave Striker scoring 15 goals in his first season you have to give these players time to settle in, andgetting used to the style of play which is always different in foreign leagues. There have been many players coming from abroad and doing sweet fa in the first season but then proving there worth in the several seasons after, for instance Didier Drogba and i believe fernando Torres will not set the world on fire this year but he will become used to the style of play and will become a big hit

You are probably right hotdog he might not settle that quickly and won`t score fifteen goals, but Smudger`s downright doom and gloom is depressing, ( Convinced he is a binner actually, his knowledge of Ncfc isnt quite good enough ).

There`s no-one more fed up than me at recent seasons games ( 544 mile round trip gives you a lot of time for match analysis ! )  But i do genuinely feel quite excited by these signings ( A friend in the Czech republic informs me Strihavka is the real deal and we wont be disappointed ).

Bet on Smudger ?????????? 

[quote user="Hotdog"]I just cant see Dave Striker scoring 15 goals in his first season you have to give these players time to settle in, andgetting used to the style of play which is always different in foreign leagues. There have been many players coming from abroad and doing sweet fa in the first season but then proving there worth in the several seasons after, for instance Didier Drogba and i believe fernando Torres will not set the world on fire this year but he will become used to the style of play and will become a big hit[/quote]

and there have been several who have done well right from the off..  Brellier and the barnsley chap for example...  Whats your point??

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]

Oh dear Smudger, i can`t believe you didnt know what Foncy was, are u a binner posting on here to wind people up?

The bet is still the same, Cureton to get 20 league goals and Strihavka 15 league goals, but both must make a minimum of 35 appearances as stated in my earlier post, otherwise if one of them broke a leg ten games in it would hardly be a fair bet.

Im willing to back Peter Grant by saying that if they play they will score, its the classic big man , little man pairing. Remember Roberts and Bellamy together !!

[/quote]

Friends of Norwich Cirty Youth... now I have heard of them... but never hear it refered to as FONCY... but then again I am not a total nerd!!!

As for the bet... are these two strikers not going to be first choice strikers for us?  Why the need for the 35 appearances?  Slightly balances the bet in your favour wouldn''t you say?

What happens if one of your players plays 34 games?  Is it a dead heat?

What happens if one of your players plays only 34 games but they both meet their required scoring target?  Do I still pay you the money then?

Just want to clear up the rules and make sure that they are fair on both sides.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]

[/quote]

Friends of Norwich Cirty Youth... now I have heard of them... but never hear it refered to as FONCY... but then again I am not a total nerd!!!

As for the bet... are these two strikers not going to be first choice strikers for us?  Why the need for the 35 appearances?  Slightly balances the bet in your favour wouldn''t you say?

What happens if one of your players plays 34 games?  Is it a dead heat?

What happens if one of your players plays only 34 games but they both meet their required scoring target?  Do I still pay you the money then?

Just want to clear up the rules and make sure that they are fair on both sides.

[/quote]

As i understand it Smudger, Strihvka has to score 15 goals in the season for you to lose the bet. i don''t always agree with Smudger''s views and i do think norwich are improving - BUT i do agree with Smudger that Strihvka is unlikely to score the 15 goals as well as Cureton hitting whatever goal target was set.

Honestly Smudger how on earth can the bet be stacked in my favour !!!  We are having a straight bet, you arent giving me odds, i could go to a bookies and probably get great odds for those two predictions or are u not so certain that your doom and gloom rantings as regards our strikers will happen.

Right then lets make this simple then, Cureton to score 20 league goals  -  £25 bet

Strihavka to score 15 league goals - £ 25 bet ( as long as he joins)

Two separate bets, not related to appearances, now stacked in your favour, are you happy now Smudger or is that even remotely possible ????

In my opinion, PG is building a squad which has some depth - and gives him some options where needed. "Dave the Striker" is a certain target man who will compliment Cureton, but who also has the ability to find the net himself (not unlike Crouch??). It seems PG has a longer term plan, he knows who he wants (or at least the types of players he wants), so let us allow him to get on with it, put a bit of faith in him for now and judge his choices at Christmas when the tean have had time to settle. Of course, we are all allowed our opinions, but with someone like "Dave" we have not had the advantage of seeing him play, so we do have to assume that PG and his staff have seen him, and for now we have to accept their judgement....

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]

Honestly Smudger how on earth can the bet be stacked in my favour !!!  We are having a straight bet, you arent giving me odds, i could go to a bookies and probably get great odds for those two predictions or are u not so certain that your doom and gloom rantings as regards our strikers will happen.

Right then lets make this simple then, Cureton to score 20 league goals  -  £25 bet

Strihavka to score 15 league goals - £ 25 bet ( as long as he joins)

Two separate bets, not related to appearances, now stacked in your favour, are you happy now Smudger or is that even remotely possible ????

[/quote]

I have said nothing about Cureton not scoring 20... because I rate Cureton and think that he is well capable of doing just that...

So how about a straight £50 bet that Strihavaka will not score 15 goals?

After all Strihavka is the player that I am saying is c**p!!!

Tim, be careful of Smudge. He''s a prediction king. Last season we were going to be relegated with 43 points.

Albyella, kudos on effective ''Dave The Striker'' name usage. I also think that, unlike Bryan Hamilton and his Dutch stars who he''d failed to ever see play, PG has been chasing Dave for a while.

I think he''ll prove to be worth the money. Will be exciting to find out.

[quote user="mbncfc"]

Tim, be careful of Smudge. He''s a prediction king. Last season we were going to be relegated with 43 points.

Albyella, kudos on effective ''Dave The Striker'' name usage. I also think that, unlike Bryan Hamilton and his Dutch stars who he''d failed to ever see play, PG has been chasing Dave for a while.

I think he''ll prove to be worth the money. Will be exciting to find out.

[/quote]

Cheeky!!!

No further wide of the mark than those who were still claiming that we were going to finish in 10th place at the same time though was I?

That is without bringing those who said that we still had a chance of finishing in the play-off''s in to the equation... bless em!!!  [:D]