Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Oh no, the children have had their favourite toys taken away!

I can''t believe all this squealing that''s going on over Earnshaw. Talk about hysteria!We''ve had plenty of posts saying we should sell him and plenty have said if we can replace him with two of Sharp/Eastwood/Cureton etc then they''d be ok with that. Yet when he goes all hell breaks loose. Yes the fee is disappointing but if you were Worthington and the board on deadline day last January, and we were where we were in the league back then, we were on the verge of signing him but he was holding back on the release clause, the vast majority would have let him have that clause. And i''m sorry but you can''t seriously sit there and say otherwise. But, lets play Sliding Doors for a second though, just to appease you. Suppose that Cluck, Smudger, Fram, Jas and co were on the board, (heaven help us), and had blocked the transfer of Earnie from WBA because of that clause. Now stop, and THINK for 1 second what the consequence of that would have been.  It was deadline day. Wizard was jumping up and down as usual that we had not signed anyone of consequence. Without Earnshaw, there is little doubt that we''d be in League 1 right now.  Then suppose it got out that we were seconds away form signing Earnshaw on transfer deadline day but our CLUELESS board blocked it because of a poxy little clause that allowed him to leave and us to recoup all we paid for him. And we were relegated. You''d all be stoned alive in the streets of the city!! Get some perspective people. We haven''t lost any money on him, we''ve got £3m to spend and we already have Cureton.

Excellent post a1. If only the old hardcore posters like yourself zipper, mellow etc could be the predominant people on this board. Maybe even THe board ;)

[quote user="a1canary"]I can''t believe all this squealing that''s going on over Earnshaw. Talk about hysteria!

We''ve had plenty of posts saying we should sell him and plenty have said if we can replace him with two of Sharp/Eastwood/Cureton etc then they''d be ok with that. Yet when he goes all hell breaks loose. Yes the fee is disappointing but if you were Worthington and the board on deadline day last January, and we were where we were in the league back then, we were on the verge of signing him but he was holding back on the release clause, the vast majority would have let him have that clause. And i''m sorry but you can''t seriously sit there and say otherwise.

But, lets play Sliding Doors for a second though, just to appease you.
Suppose that Cluck, Smudger, Fram, Jas and co were on the board, (heaven help us), and had blocked the transfer of Earnie from WBA because of that clause. Now stop, and THINK for 1 second what the consequence of that would have been.  It was deadline day. Wizard was jumping up and down as usual that we had not signed anyone of consequence. Without Earnshaw, there is little doubt that we''d be in League 1 right now.  Then suppose it got out that we were seconds away form signing Earnshaw on transfer deadline day but our CLUELESS board blocked it because of a poxy little clause that allowed him to leave and us to recoup all we paid for him. And we were relegated. You''d all be stoned alive in the streets of the city!! Get some perspective people. We haven''t lost any money on him, we''ve got £3m to spend and we already have Cureton.

[/quote]

Grow up sonny. This reads like a 10 year old trying to impress his granny at Christmas. Arrogant and pompous drivel from the forum''s chief apologist.

Bilge.

[quote user="a1canary"]I can''t believe all this squealing that''s going on over Earnshaw. Talk about hysteria!We''ve had plenty of posts saying we should sell him and plenty have said if we can replace him with two of Sharp/Eastwood/Cureton etc then they''d be ok with that. Yet when he goes all hell breaks loose. Yes the fee is disappointing but if you were Worthington and the board on deadline day last January, and we were where we were in the league back then, we were on the verge of signing him but he was holding back on the release clause, the vast majority would have let him have that clause. And i''m sorry but you can''t seriously sit there and say otherwise. But, lets play Sliding Doors for a second though, just to appease you. Suppose that Cluck, Smudger, Fram, Jas and co were on the board, (heaven help us), and had blocked the transfer of Earnie from WBA because of that clause. Now stop, and THINK for 1 second what the consequence of that would have been.  It was deadline day. Wizard was jumping up and down as usual that we had not signed anyone of consequence. Without Earnshaw, there is little doubt that we''d be in League 1 right now.  Then suppose it got out that we were seconds away form signing Earnshaw on transfer deadline day but our CLUELESS board blocked it because of a poxy little clause that allowed him to leave and us to recoup all we paid for him. And we were relegated. You''d all be stoned alive in the streets of the city!! Get some perspective people. We haven''t lost any money on him, we''ve got £3m to spend and we already have Cureton.

[/quote]

Think you will find that people stated that if we got £5million plus for Eanshaw and reinvested all of this money including purchasing two proven strikers at this level then we would be happy...

How many counts are they going to be short of achieving that?  

They have already f***ed up on one major aspect of it for starters!!!

Grow up sonny. This reads like a 10 year old trying to impress his granny at Christmas. Arrogant and pompous drivel from the forum''s chief apologist.

Pot and kettle anyone?

[quote user="a1canary"]I can''t believe all this squealing that''s going on over Earnshaw. Talk about hysteria!

We''ve had plenty of posts saying we should sell him and plenty have said if we can replace him with two of Sharp/Eastwood/Cureton etc then they''d be ok with that. Yet when he goes all hell breaks loose. Yes the fee is disappointing but if you were Worthington and the board on deadline day last January, and we were where we were in the league back then, we were on the verge of signing him but he was holding back on the release clause, the vast majority would have let him have that clause. And i''m sorry but you can''t seriously sit there and say otherwise.

But, lets play Sliding Doors for a second though, just to appease you.
Suppose that Cluck, Smudger, Fram, Jas and co were on the board, (heaven help us), and had blocked the transfer of Earnie from WBA because of that clause. Now stop, and THINK for 1 second what the consequence of that would have been.  It was deadline day. Wizard was jumping up and down as usual that we had not signed anyone of consequence. Without Earnshaw, there is little doubt that we''d be in League 1 right now.  Then suppose it got out that we were seconds away form signing Earnshaw on transfer deadline day but our CLUELESS board blocked it because of a poxy little clause that allowed him to leave and us to recoup all we paid for him. And we were relegated. You''d all be stoned alive in the streets of the city!! Get some perspective people. We haven''t lost any money on him, we''ve got £3m to spend and we already have Cureton.

[/quote]

Hang on. In your post you slag off Jas the barclay king who  is one of the best and most respected posters on here.

"cluck, smudger, fram, jas and co were on the board { heaven help us} "

Well im just glad that you are not on the board mate as this would have been a bigger joke than it is.

If they had this clause why was there no attempt to change it and if they did and earnshaw refused why not sell him for a bigger fee before the clause kicked in?

I bet the football world knew of his clause, agents have a habit of making clubs aware of that { unless you seriously believe derby got lucky and bid exactly the fee to invoke the clause}, yet norwich played us for fools saying he would only leave for "silly money", and allowed people to renew season tickets in the belief that only a monster bid earnie would have left.

The city board have taken the p@ss yet again.

When people like Jas, Nutty nigel etc { who in the past have been against posts by people like Arthur Whittle,cluck,sumger, etc} are annoyed with how this has been done, people should start to realise that the best posters on here are even seeing the club for what it is, and its no longer the minority.

The day of death yesterday has firmly pushed the board from somewhere in the middle to Mr Chase in my eyes now. Its exactly the sort of thing Chase was slagged off for so why should we let this board get away with what we didnt let him get away with?

Selling the best players and fooling supporters at the same time and bringing in much cheaper replacemnets was chases trademark and it pains me to say we have gone back to that way.

For starters A1, leave my name off the hanging jury list please.

I''ve written elsewhere on the Earnshaw saga, and I''m not recapping it.

Jamie C will be a superb replacement for Earnsh*t, and I''ll back Grant to the hilt over it!.

Guys, I don''t often post on here, as I don''t often have anything to say, but this one has got me going a bit. Earnie will be missed for his goals, there is no doubt about that, but how often were people complaining last season that he did not do enough leg work to help out the team further back down the pitch, that he upset the balance of the team, and that we were playing the 4-5-1 (4-3-3) system to suit him? Maybe now we can restore that balance, and we will start to see some goals coming form other members of the team on a more regular basis! With last seasons top scorer as his replacement, I think Grant has done his best to sort this one out, let''s wait and see now who else comes in, and how the balance and shape of the team works in a world without Earnie!