Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Will Spillane, Cave-Brown and Renton be given a game?

Grant has given Martin and Eagle a chance, but will he give Spillane, Cave-Brown and Renton a run out before the end of the season?  Assuming he has made his mind up about the back four then perhaps Spillane and Cave-Brown could be given a couple of 45 minutes in place of Doherty and Hughes.  We know that Huckerby and Martin will definitely be here next season so why not give Renton a game up front.

Unless we lose all our games and Leeds and Southend win all theirs, then we are safe, so why not give these youngsters a chance.  I thought Grant had an ideal opportunity to bring on Renton yesterday when we were leading 1-0 in front of a noisy home crowd, but he opted for Eagle instead.

Personally I think midfielder Spillane will be tough to get a game there no matter Safri out of season, because Etuhu, Fotheringham and Lappin hardly rested when Granty in charge; also Renton would be tough to break in when Earnie back from injury before the end of season, see Dion, Hucks, Martin, he was the 5th choice.

The only player I believe MUST BE, MUST BE given chance is Andrew Cave-Brown! I rated him very high as everyone knows and he was a right-back! Andy Hughes not! I am sure if Cave-Brown put on a Norwich shirt then everyone fans would be happy about his performance.

I doubt renton will get much of a look in, i dont think he''s ner Martin''s standards at the moment and to be honest needs to start scoring in the reserves.

Spillane May well get a chance before the end of the season, with Safri out now, Lappin not a really a centre midfielder and Fozzy not overly impressive hopefully Grant might give him a chance to impress alongside etuhu.

Cave-Brown also deserves a chance, Hughes was better than most yesterday but he''s no sensation and isnt going to be the answer nest season so i cant see much wrong with giving him a go.

In answer to your question however, the only one i can see gett6ing a chance is Spillane.

It seems strange that Renton is on the bench as he has done very little to deserve his inclusion apart fron Scottish roots.There are at least a dozen players who deserve ther chance so why is there all this publicity about him. Been away for a couple of weeks have I missed something?  The Manager seems to have an obsession with forwards on the bench when defending is the main problem

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

I doubt renton will get much of a look in, i dont think he''s ner Martin''s standards at the moment and to be honest needs to start scoring in the reserves.

Spillane May well get a chance before the end of the season, with Safri out now, Lappin not a really a centre midfielder and Fozzy not overly impressive hopefully Grant might give him a chance to impress alongside etuhu.

Cave-Brown also deserves a chance, Hughes was better than most yesterday but he''s no sensation and isnt going to be the answer nest season so i cant see much wrong with giving him a go.

In answer to your question however, the only one i can see gett6ing a chance is Spillane.

[/quote]

cant see spillane being given a chance Matt.

1. he isnt Scottish

and

2. He hasnt been anywhere near the 1st team (Or even the bench) since Grant arrived... has he been out on loan yet? i dont think he has... i have a funny feeling he wont be here come August

jas :)

[quote user="Hump"]It seems strange that Renton is on the bench as he has done very little to deserve his inclusion apart fron Scottish roots.There are at least a dozen players who deserve ther chance so why is there all this publicity about him. Been away for a couple of weeks have I missed something?  The Manager seems to have an obsession with forwards on the bench when defending is the main problem[/quote]but defences should stay stable. the same 4 players at the back makes for a better defence so having defenders on the bench does little good.

Seems an option in case of injury,or if we wish to protect a lead.I think Grant is publicity crazy and wants a headline every day.I am becoming bored with the man and his constant desire to make a story. Some of the best managers shut up and get on with the job?