Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Sing up the River End

Years ago this was a popular chant from the Barclay, which drew some response from the River End. I have sat in there for years and it is embarrasing singing on your own- especially with a voice like mine. So how about the Barclay giving the River Enders some encouragement. Shouldn''t need it I know, but it may help a few more to stretch those vocal cords.

This is a great point, I 2 sit up the river end and am 1 of very few who attempt to sing (apart from the annoying kids in the corner) and it gets on my nerves 2. Show the lads a bit of encouragement!! Also, in addition, TRY AND CELEBRATE THE GOALS!!!

I don''t know if the barclay can see this but just behind the goal at the riverend sits about 5 people all with bright yellow jackets (Very hard not to notice), I sit right behind them and normally about 4 or 5 of us try to sing, occasionally some people join in but not enough to sound good.
The only other person I know who sings is the cheeseboard man a few blocks along.

Or maybe the barclay should be quiet???

All the goals seem to appear at the River End, so maybe the reason they score more is due to them being able to hear the sound of the players calling for the pass??

Theres logic in it if you look??

fao spawn

can you go over to the cheeseboard man and get him to sign up on this board?

he sounds just the sort of person we could all get on with, and what is someone that animated doing in the river end, i thought that stand was a chill out zone!!

I used to stand in the River End. The atmospher was at worst tolerable and at best absolutely fantastic. I sat there once after the seating conversion and that was enough to make me never go back. Upper Barclay for me now (fast becoming another morgue!!)

I noticed the bright jackets at the Gills game funnily enough.......

Away games are still the best - always will be for support

i sit about 4 rows directly behind the chessboard man (mr emms?) and there is again about 9-10 of us that sing but i think as there is just a minotiry no one wants to join in and you have to remeber that somepeople choose to sit in the river end as they dont like all the banter maybe which doesnt help i know! on the celebrating theme i always swing my scarf round my head if everyone does this it would look really good

i work with cheeseboardman[colin emms] you can''t afford to get on with him,he''s not animated he''s INEBRIATED!!Please someone at the club give him his cheeseboard back.