Sign in to follow this  
andy laz

Barnsley v Norwich match thread

[quote user="cityangel"]3 points on Tuesday night at Derby''s expense and we''re nearly home and dry.[/quote] Would certainly be handy!! Think a win is asking a lot though. I''d settle for a draw!

Just back from the game, great first half deserved the 2 goal lead. Second half just contained them and could have got a couple on the break, was always worrying coz last time we were 3-1 up and i was at the game was Southend and we messed it up. So was relieved to come in 3-1 up.

Martin and Huckerby were awesome but Doherty and Hughes are a joke!!! Fotheringham also looked very dodgy and when Etuhu came on he played very well, hopefully he realised by being on the bench he isnt a definite starter every week.

Well played though boys...

[quote user="Jamie Wright"]

Just back from the game, great first half deserved the 2 goal lead. Second half just contained them and could have got a couple on the break, was always worrying coz last time we were 3-1 up and i was at the game was Southend and we messed it up. So was relieved to come in 3-1 up.

Martin and Huckerby were awesome but Doherty and Hughes are a joke!!! Fotheringham also looked very dodgy and when Etuhu came on he played very well, hopefully he realised by being on the bench he isnt a definite starter every week.

[/quote]

I thought Martin was OK, not awesome. Also, not sure what Doherty did wrong, between him and Shackell they won most stuff in the air, OK the distribution from both was average but he was decent enough. I think Dickson was good when he came on. Not sure why Fotheringham was dodgy, he was adequate, although Safri was the best passer by miles. Croft was my pick, he worked very hard and nice to see hime score.

Fotheringham also looked very dodgy

[/quote] In what way did he look dodgy?? He impressed me against Luton but apart from that I don''t think he''s set the world alight!

Which game have you just got back from - King''s Lynn v Northwood!?

Fotheringham is ten times the player that Etuhu is - in the time he was on, admittedly not very long, he made one decent tackle as far as I could see. Mostly he he trotted around in empty space and he managed to jump under a cross that my mother could have headed in.

And its our defence that''s a joke - this isnt just down to Doherty and Hughes. Hughes obviously isnt the greatest but at least he really battles to get tackles in, unlike Drury who continues to watch people go past him without sticking his bl**dy foot in. Likewise Doherty - made two mistakes today each of which could have cost us a goal but he won everything in the air - Shackell made more mistakes and did cost us a goal so why are we slagging Doherty?

Still at least we can agree about Hucks and Martin.

How did Warner get on in goal for us today?

I''d like to see us sign him if he does well for us, as I''ve always been completely p*ssed off with him in the past for playing so well against us!!!

Just seen this quote from Peter Grant:

"We keep putting ourselves in trouble. I want to kill games off at 1-0 but they keep looking for more goals."

Those foolish players, trying to score more goals. Everyone knows that defending 1-0 leads is the way to play football.

[/quote]Strange Grant said that the doc played well as did the keeper.

Ok, maybe I am being a little harsh on the Doc cos he werent that bad today, he just makes me feel nervous whenever he goes for anything with his arms waving all over the place pushing people to the ground. Hughes has bags of energy and strong in the tackle but at times with his distribution put us in more trouble than he done good.

Fotheringham in my eyes, what ive seen of him is definitiley a better footballer than Etuhu, but does get brushed off the ball too easily. Too many times today Barnsley just brushed him off the ball like he wasn''t there, and it was his stray pass that led to their goal. With Safri pinging the ball about i think the steel of Etuhu is needed more than the "creativeness" of Fozzy. Croft and Lappin were creating more than enough down the wings!!!

Croft, Hucks and Martin killed their defence today, we looked like scoring every attack... perhaps drop lappin to left back and add chadwick and its a very lethal attack there, without earnie :-p

[quote user="GJP"]

Just seen this quote from Peter Grant:

"We keep putting ourselves in trouble. I want to kill games off at 1-0 but they keep looking for more goals."

Those foolish players, trying to score more goals. Everyone knows that defending 1-0 leads is the way to play football.

[/quote]Ive  just read this very strange quote, as we dont do 1-0 wins surely the best form of defence is attack .I would hope he has been miss quoted in interpretation from scottish .Was a great result though, another  win on tues and i think we can relax and enjoy the rest of the seasonOTBC