Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Let's play a guessing game. Who needs telling 3 4,5 times?

Peter Grant is quoted in the Pink''un today as saying that a great attribute of Chris Martin is that he takes things on board. You only have to tell him once or twice and he understands what you are talking about. You don''t need to go over it three, four, five times.....................

It''s not the first time recently that Peter Grant has charged that certain players are either slow to take things on board or are resistant to advice/instructions. And I suspect it is a significant issue with some players. Now, I wonder who those players may be. And I''m not including those who may have initially been resistant to advice/instructions/change but have now climbed on board (Huckerby, Saffri ??). Presumably he will still have to pick some due to the thinness of the squad etc. Anyway........

Who are these who need telling 3, 4, 5 times and maybe even then don''t get it?

You guess!!

OTBC

i seem to remember a caller on canary call after the Derby game saying similar things, his argument was though whether the players could actually understand Grants accent!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Peter Grant is quoted in the Pink''un today as saying that a great attribute of Chris Martin is that he takes things on board. You only have to tell him once or twice and he understands what you are talking about. You don''t need to go over it three, four, five times.....................

It''s not the first time recently that Peter Grant has charged that certain players are either slow to take things on board or are resistant to advice/instructions. And I suspect it is a significant issue with some players. Now, I wonder who those players may be. And I''m not including those who may have initially been resistant to advice/instructions/change but have now climbed on board (Huckerby, Saffri ??). Presumably he will still have to pick some due to the thinness of the squad etc. Anyway........

Who are these who need telling 3, 4, 5 times and maybe even then don''t get it?

You guess!!

OTBC

[/quote]

I`ve told Grant  many times   to wise up , and stop  picking on Hucks !   also to play him upfront .....  he`s FINALLY   got the message !!    not only that , he made him the captain when Drewry  bought it .........   there`s hope for this man yet !    so I guess the answer to your question,  Bly  , is Grant  !   keep hitting him on the head , he finally gets it ...LMFAO

And to those who can`t help  having a go if I mention H  ..... get stuffed !  but very slowly , so you can  enjoy  the experience ......  who`ll be first I wonder  ?  [:D]

[quote user="ButchP"]Sorry to the Etuhu baiters, but this is surly aimed at Huckerby
[/quote]

Sorry ButchP, but not aimed at anybody.

Just that Grant said what he said - and so must have had some players in mind.

Could be that Chris Martin just understands his Scottish accent better than most- but I wouldn''t bet on it.

OTBC

From what I have seen  this season it is every player other than Martin...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Etuhu and The Doc!

Not really.....

Just wanted to get in first! [;)]

[/quote]

How unusual........

Grant certainly has aimed a fair bit of criticism at Huckerby since he''s been at the club. I do wonder whether Hucks was given ''hero'' status by Worthington which meant he slipped into a comfort zone and felt he could do no wrong. Certainly Grant seems to have got Huckerby playing well and tracking back better too!