Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Sign Fozzy's extension now!

In Fotheringham it seems that at last we have someone who can take free-kicks and corners accurately - cfreated one at Preston and nearly another. This is to forget the accuracy of his long rang passing as well! Can you just imagine him sliding balls through the centre for Ernie to run onto!We have him only until the summer in the first instance, and if he continues to impress, - and he has played only 2 full games as yet, other teams will come sniffing round. Perhaps we should get his signature now. If other clubs with chequebooks come round, they will have to pay us, as well as enticing him!

Salopian, I believe Norwich have a 1year option on Fozzy. So even though he''s only been signed until the end of the season we have the right to renew a further 12 months.

As i understand it we have a years option on him which, I think, means it is our decision alone as to whether we keep him beyond the summer...

I would imagine Grant will keep him at the club...

it says something that we havent tied him down longer already... im expecting a Premiership club to take him off our hands for nothing in the summer

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

it says something that we havent tied him down longer already... im expecting a Premiership club to take him off our hands for nothing in the summer

[/quote]

Surely that can''t happen unless we choose to let him go for nothing?

How many more ridiculous things can be said in one day??

Fotheringham was superb last night, great vision and a lovely touch, something we have not had since the days of Ian Crook, Safri is a great partner for him, Now wait for that dic?head smudger to start slagging Fozzy off !!! 

Fozzy didnt sign a big deal, as he didnt want to stay with us;quite simple;also, quite smart.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

once he''s got 3 months left on his contract he can sign a pre contract deal with whoever he likes...

[/quote]

But strictly speaking, he still has 16 months left as of now.  Has no-one learned from the 13 so-called out of contract players in the summer?  Lots of them have this 12 month option, which is purely up to the club whether they exercise it or not.  Therefore, Fozzy can''t sign a pre-contract deal with anyone until next year unless we say we are not renewing.