Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

No Hux = no goals

Sadly, for whatever reason, Hux didn''t get into the game at Stamford Bridge, and we have nobody else who can score - Brown 1 and Croft 2 had gilt-edged opportunities but....There was never any real doubt about the result, but until Chelsea scored the second and then ran riot, we seemed to be holding them. And the first two Chelsea goals had an element of luck about them - a delflection and a bounce off a knee which could have gone anywhere.Conclusions to drawWe need a good striker on loan, even to survive in the Championship, and everybody must have practice at taking chances.In the first half the defence held their shape and played well. In fact a 4-0 drubbing is by no means down to them.

[quote user="Salopian"]Sadly, for whatever reason, Hux didn''t get into the game at Stamford Bridge, and we have nobody else who can score - Brown 1 and Croft 2 had gilt-edged opportunities but....

There was never any real doubt about the result, but until Chelsea scored the second and then ran riot, we seemed to be holding them. And the first two Chelsea goals had an element of luck about them - a delflection and a bounce off a knee which could have gone anywhere.

Conclusions to draw
We need a good striker on loan, even to survive in the Championship, and everybody must have practice at taking chances.
In the first half the defence held their shape and played well. In fact a 4-0 drubbing is by no means down to them.
[/quote]

Hux didnt get into the game because they simply had better quality, and knew how to deal with him, they made him inefective, simple as that really.

I don''t think that we''re unique in not scoring at Stamford Bridge, so perhaps a bad example. I get your point though.

Today proved the ultimate point about Huckerby.  He is great, wonderful, in the Championship.  BUT against Premiership defenders he is below average.  Chelsea had him sussed, and closed him down.  To be honest after a few clunks he seemed to lose heart a bit and passed it back rather than have a run. Everyone saw today why he will finish his career being a big fish in our pond.

[quote user="Salopian"]Sadly, for whatever reason, Hux didn''t get into the game at Stamford Bridge, and we have nobody else who can score - Brown 1 and Croft 2 had gilt-edged opportunities but....

There was never any real doubt about the result, but until Chelsea scored the second and then ran riot, we seemed to be holding them. And the first two Chelsea goals had an element of luck about them - a delflection and a bounce off a knee which could have gone anywhere.

Conclusions to draw
We need a good striker on loan, even to survive in the Championship, and everybody must have practice at taking chances.
In the first half the defence held their shape and played well. In fact a 4-0 drubbing is by no means down to them.
[/quote]

[quote user="the1englishman"]

Conclusions to draw
[/quote]

Hux didnt get into the game because they simply had better quality, and knew how to deal with him, they made him inefective, simple as that really.

[/quote]

Of ALL the posts i have read today...and i have been reading them all day while watching the game on my pc.....this is the ONLY one which says what i wanted to say regarding hux today.  They KNEW he was our danger man and marked him thus!  I cant believe people are on many of these threads saying its a shame he had a poor/quiet/not his best game!!!! JEEEEEEEZZZZZ!!

[quote user="Matt"][quote user="the1englishman"]

Conclusions to draw
[/quote]

[/quote]

Of ALL the posts i have read today...and i have been reading them all day while watching the game on my pc.....this is the ONLY one which says what i wanted to say regarding hux today.  They KNEW he was our danger man and marked him thus!  I cant believe people are on many of these threads saying its a shame he had a poor/quiet/not his best game!!!! JEEEEEEEZZZZZ!!

[/quote]

Well of couse both you and I know that as with most other teams Chelsea would of known that Hucks was one of our few real hreats to their goal...  of course they are going to mark him tightly... which may create space for others such as Etuhu, Croft and Brown to take advantage of...

Today Etuhu and Croft did come very close to breaching their defence...  In Croft''s case it was the fact that Chelsea have one of the best kepers in the world that prevented us from scoring...

The facts are though that in the end as was obvious before kick off... from 1 to 11 we do not have nearly enough quality to compete with the likes of Chelsea...

Chelsea could of upped it a gear or two at any time I feel if it was required...

That is why from showing only brief moments of class today they still eventually ran out 4-0 winners.

[quote user="JC"]

Today proved the ultimate point about Huckerby.  He is great, wonderful, in the Championship.  BUT against Premiership defenders he is below average.  Chelsea had him sussed, and closed him down.  To be honest after a few clunks he seemed to lose heart a bit and passed it back rather than have a run. Everyone saw today why he will finish his career being a big fish in our pond.

[/quote]

Easy on him JC, this is not JUST a premiership team this is an M and S Premiership team.......................no, you know what I mean though.

The players he was up against are part of the most expensively assembled squad ever seen in football. If Hux was capable of giving them the run around he would not be at our club. I don''t think you are actually slagging him off but I think we just need to recognize that he is a great player for us, happy to be here and we should be more than happy to have him here.

Mark .Y.