Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Niall Quinn keeps 3pm kick off for fans after rejecting Sky's offer

Its in the bbc football rumours page today that Niall Quinn has rejected Sky''s offer of showing theyre game with Derby County so instead the fans (and the players no doubt) can have a saturday 3pm kick off

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn has rejected Sky''s invitation to broadcast the Championship game with Derby this month so the fans can enjoy the match at the usual time of 3pm on a Saturday. (Various).

is this the start of fans actually getting theyre say of kick off times? Obivusly theyre must be other motives but Niall Quinn should be greatly applauded for this  in my opinion

With their current attendance and size of ground it could easily mean the attendance is 10000 higher by not being on telly. Which is probably more money that being on it. Not that I am a sceptic

I saw this orginally and thought it an interesting development...

However, I have since seen it told that Sky actually pulled their plans for televising the match because Derby may end up having to play an FA Cup on that day, leaving the Sunderland game to be rearranged.

I expect the latter is true.

Even if they were taking a stand, it is something which is far easier to do when you don''t need the money...

If that is true I have mixed feelings. It does seem a bold move by the lub and good to stand up to sky but at the same time I do look forward to Norwich''s games being on sky because it means I can watch more games. Living outside of Norwich it makes a difference. Yes the kick off times can be a bit odd but that really doesn''t bother me. Having games on sky does enable more fans around the country and even world to watch their club!

I''ve alway had it in my mind that Quinn is one of those few people in life that aren''t totally driven by money and the bottom line - that he actually gives a monkeys about "the fans"... (or just "people") and he is actually geniune...

[quote user="Philip Ellis"]

Its in the bbc football rumours page today that Niall Quinn has rejected Sky''s offer of showing theyre game with Derby County so instead the fans (and the players no doubt) can have a saturday 3pm kick off

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn has rejected Sky''s invitation to broadcast the Championship game with Derby this month so the fans can enjoy the match at the usual time of 3pm on a Saturday. (Various).

is this the start of fans actually getting theyre say of kick off times? Obivusly theyre must be other motives but Niall Quinn should be greatly applauded for this  in my opinion

[/quote] Can you see NCPLC doing the same thing?

FOOTBALL must caome first