Sign in to follow this  
Berks canary

Last nights lack of match commentary

I like most other exiles had to endure listening to the Wolves radio commentary over the net last night ( including the goal ) as i could not access the Radio Norfolk commentary over the web. On mailing Canaries World i received the following response

"Sorry for the disruption with the Norwich commentary last night. The club were
19 mins late dialling in last night due to issues with the radio station, and
dropped the feed again after half time and did not dial in again until 21:02."

It would be nice to see an apology from either the club or Radio Norfolk with some kind of explanation ??

Consider yourself lucky Berks Canary.For those of us living abroad,we NEVER get web sourced commentary.Apparently do to some contractual nonsense,foreign web subscibers cannot get live BBC commentary.So I listen to Chris Goreham/Neil adams''s build up,and then 2 mins before KO,it goes off the air.Does anyone know of a way round this?

Did anyone ever get the free gift from subscribing to canaries world?

A yellow football came through the letter box one day but there was no letter saying who it was from. When I signed up to canaries world they said there would be a free gift is this it?

Last night was annoying I turned it on and had to listen to the wolves commentary instead.

[quote user="canari francais"]Consider yourself lucky Berks Canary.For those of us living abroad,we NEVER get web sourced commentary.Apparently do to some contractual nonsense,foreign web subscibers cannot get live BBC commentary.So I listen to Chris Goreham/Neil adams''s build up,and then 2 mins before KO,it goes off the air.Does anyone know of a way round this?[/quote]

Don''t tell them you live abroad?!

A few years ago I listened to the Norwich v Man City game (libbra''s one moment of class) whilst on holiday in America over the official canaries website. Just had a link that took you to the match.

although all probably changed by now, that was in 2001!!!

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]

Did anyone ever get the free gift from subscribing to canaries world?

A yellow football came through the letter box one day but there was no letter saying who it was from. When I signed up to canaries world they said there would be a free gift is this it?

Last night was annoying I turned it on and had to listen to the wolves commentary instead.

[/quote]

I had a little result with that for £19 commentary sub was sent a championship football which i sold for 12 quid on ebay..

[quote user="ob1"]

[quote user="canari francais"]Consider yourself lucky Berks Canary.For those of us living abroad,we NEVER get web sourced commentary.Apparently do to some contractual nonsense,foreign web subscibers cannot get live BBC commentary.So I listen to Chris Goreham/Neil adams''s build up,and then 2 mins before KO,it goes off the air.Does anyone know of a way round this?[/quote]

[/quote]

Not surprisingly,living in France,and thus using a French isp,and an "fr" email address,it rather gives the game away.........

Canari FrancaisYou are not penalised for living abroad. The BBC cuts the online commentary of Radio Norfolk no matter where you live, even if you live in Norfolk. You can however, listen on a standard radio or a DAB radio in the Norfolk area, if you can pick a signal. It is only Radio Norfolk online that stops, because Premium TV own the rights to broadcast Radio Norfolk whilst a match is being played.If you subscribe to CanariesWorld at £19.99 for a year, which is pretty good value if you love NCFC, then I suggest this. Only last night due to gremlins, half the match went missing.Hope this helps!Canary Boy

[quote user="Berks canary"]

I like most other exiles had to endure listening to the Wolves radio commentary over the net last night ( including the goal ) as i could not access the Radio Norfolk commentary over the web. On mailing Canaries World i received the following response

"Sorry for the disruption with the Norwich commentary last night. The club were
19 mins late dialling in last night due to issues with the radio station, and
dropped the feed again after half time and did not dial in again until 21:02."

It would be nice to see an apology from either the club or Radio Norfolk with some kind of explanation ??

[/quote]

you pay for the service and the service was not provided... ergo some sort of financial reclaim is due to u... get on the email again and ask them for some cash!

jas :)

[quote user="canari francais"][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

Not surprisingly,living in France,and thus using a French isp,and an "fr" email address,it rather gives the game away.........

[/quote]

www.hotmail.com :)

(yeah - I realise the address is a problem!)

I listen to it on a free site as think it is a disgrace/illegal that the bbc are allowed to sell the rights.. I do not think they are allowed to put the link on here but if you ask on wotb I am sure you will get an answer..