Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

NO STRENGTH IN DEBT!

We are unable to replace a 37 year old defender/striker, that unfortunately goes off injured. Why has it got to this situstion?

You require a Warrior tank - and we send on a soft-skinned landrover.

NO STRENGTH IN DEBT............The next 2 home matches should be interesting, I hope the Gods are looking down on us. "Suspensions ''R'' Us" will affect team selection for these games.

Is it down to incompetence, lack of foresight and mis-management from all parties - ie, the current Board and Coaching staff? Or are we just dreadfully unfortunate?

I personally think........it''s not the latter.

Defender wise, only Shackell is injured - and we are loathe to play the youth, so what is the solution....We are ''skint'' and have insufficient ''Strength in DEPTH'' due to ''Strength in DEBT''........Any positives?

Anyone?.......Anyone?........Anyone?........Anyone?.......Anyone?..........anyone?[:(]

Well, it doesn''t help your argument that the guy who took Dublin''s place played at least as well as the great man himself. Having said that, everyone knows that we do need a bigger squad. If Colin''s suspended, Drury''s suspended, Brown''s suspended, and Shackell and Dublin injured, we could indeed be in for a rough ride.

Have to blame Worthy for the lack of depth really, he''s the one who wanted a small squad. I still think he was a good manager for Norwich but I always thought his small squad was foolish.

You need to have a strong squad at this level because you can''t afford to be carrying anyone.

[quote user="GJP"]

Have to blame Worthy for the lack of depth really, he''s the one who wanted a small squad. I still think he was a good manager for Norwich but I always thought his small squad was foolish.

You need to have a strong squad at this level because you can''t afford to be carrying anyone.

[/quote]

That''s right - blame Worthington. Can''t be the Boards fault, the buck does''nt stop at the top these days!.

We all know that NW wanted several more players last season - he made that clear several times in the press & on radio. Doomcaster made it clear to the fans in late December 2005 that the manager had put proposals forward to bring in around 4 or 5 players in the January window and that the Board ''would deliver''. Sounds very familiar does''nt it?. Natuarally, we have suffered due to this failure to maintain a squad of adequate size & ability.

''Prudence'' - debatable, ''Ambition'' - NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

As an ITFC fan said to me the other day - If they could have Earnie for the second half of the season they would easily finish in the top 6, and if we are without him we will go down. I think this sums it up!.

Earnie scores half of our goals, & you then can''t see much beyond Huckerby/Dublin. We clearly needed to acquire the services of at least 4 or 5 players & preferably ones who have a goal-scoring ability to stop the slide and steer us away from an all too apparant relegation threat. 

When was the last time we had goal-scoring midfield player?, someone like Tommy Miller (34 goals in 109 league & cup games for our neighbours) for example. Our defence is weak (facts don''t lie) & indeed Earnie is out for the remainder of the season.

We are clearly faced with a crisis, and yet our board seem so arrogant/dis-interested. No open communication with the thousands of very concerned supporters.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?.

Have to agree on this Fram - I lost count of how many times Worthy called for more players - really seems like he was let down by a dithering Board that would neither fully back him, nor sack him!

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Have to agree on this Fram - I lost count of how many times Worthy called for more players - really seems like he was let down by a dithering Board that would neither fully back him, nor sack him!
[/quote]

That''s it...blame the bloody Board again!..........

(Just testing how it feels to be on the "other side" for a change........[;)])

Who do you want to blame. The current situation is fast becoming a joke with us the supported having the p*** taken out of us big time by the board, players and the manager and I use that term for dip stick Grant with increasing despair. Grant is the equivalent of fools gold he is not what he appears. All talk and no action. If he has got such an affection and connection with Scottish football then he should go and manage a team up there at least he would not be out of his depth.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Is it down to incompetence, lack of foresight and mis-management from all parties - ie, the current Board and Coaching staff? Or are we just dreadfully unfortunate?

[/quote]

Well according the club we have been very unfortunate.  We have suffered from a Premiership hangover, clubs not being prepared to let us buy their players for a "reasonable" price and being generally unlucky with injuries.....

[quote user="Earl Wilson"]

Succes is a matter of luck.  If you want proof, ask any failure.

[/quote]

At the end of the day the injuries would not have effected us as much in the last 3 seasons if we were not operating with very small squad....... unlucky or just badly prepared?