Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Transfers

Peter Grant appears to be showing an eagerness to bring players in which I for one think is good, however he hasnt mentioned getting rid of the rubbish that Worthington bought. Maybe he has plans to get rid of the under achieving gold diggers such as Thorne but I guess we will not be told until they are.... come on Peter do yourself and the fans a favour and GET RID 

You are assuming that it''s possible to get rid of them of course! What makes you think anyone will want our underperforming overpaid players? Paying them off will be expensive, and I''m sure you wouldn''t be happy about that either. Be realistic, unless a manager with money sees something the rest of us don''t, we are stuck with them!

Grant has said he would like some players to go out on loan, although, I don''t think he has mentioned any names.

I agree it is positve that Grant is looking to strenghten the squad wherever possible, but, I am concerned that some Championship clubs have already started signing new players and we haven''t signed anybody yet.

Imo it would give supporters a massive boost if Grant was able announce the signing of somebody like Eastwood before the Tamworth game.

The contracts of 12 players in our current squad expires in the summer. PG has said that he does not want to get rid of anyone and in the summer he will then have the luxury(!) of picking and chosing who he wants to keep. I very much doubt that players like Thorne ot MLJ will be retained.

It is very unlikely that we can sign so many players that at one go we can both enlarge the squad and improve the quality of each member. Some of the deadwood will remain as emergency/squad players, because the squad is too small, until their contracts run out or we have managed to sign a sufficient number to think of transfering them or buying them out

Also, we do need some reserves. We don''t have the luxury of running two first teams so we will be stuck with them for a while as squad members. Finally, remember August when NW sold Leon before lining up a replacement? To repeat that mistake might be regarded as careless.