Sign in to follow this  
Beatle

Rumours of Granty's Appointment.

Heard an interesting thing at work today, from a pretty creditable source.

Grant got the job because we won''t have to pay any compensation, WHU would owe us should Judas Ashton play for England/Greeno play for England/WHU qualify for Europe again, some of that would be wiped off, which would also free up cash for Pardew to sign more players, hence his high opinion of Granty and his quote of ''if it was anyone but Norwich I wouldn''t have let him go''.

Don''t suppose we''ll ever know the facts.

Good start for Grant though, decent performance and solid at the back.

Probably beat Cardiff on Saturday now!!!!!

[quote user="Beatle"]

Heard an interesting thing at work today, from a pretty creditable source.

Grant got the job because we won''t have to pay any compensation, WHU would owe us should Judas Ashton play for England/Greeno play for England/WHU qualify for Europe again, some of that would be wiped off, which would also free up cash for Pardew to sign more players, hence his high opinion of Granty and his quote of ''if it was anyone but Norwich I wouldn''t have let him go''.

Don''t suppose we''ll ever know the facts.

Good start for Grant though, decent performance and solid at the back.

Probably beat Cardiff on Saturday now!!!!!

[/quote]HAHAHAHA give it a rest.

Bruce''s Header: Did Pardew really say ''if it was anyone but Norwich I wouldn''t have let him go''?I think he did... But it''s completely out of context as he was referring to the fact that Grant had personal links with Norwich.This

is pure speculation, and if you do the maths it doesn''t actually make

sense anyway... WHU would be in the same position whoever paid out

Grant''s contract... Setting it off against the Ashton fee is irrelevant.

Maybe a little wheelin'' & dealin'' went on behind the scenes..........I just cannot accept that Mr P Grant was appointed, without some form of Delia/board ''n'' Worst Harm agreement or, as Tommy Cooper would say "Jus'' like that!".....[^o)]

Is it possible to believe that of the 100 people who applied, that this former player who has since become a capable and motivating coach (Marlon Harewood in the Premiership, anyone ?) stood out like a beacon of light to all 27 people involved in the interviewing process ?  And that their unanimous decision wasn''t because La Smith stamped her feet, but because they all thought he was the best man for the job ?  Is it also possible that the club thought that Grant was such a good candidate, that they were prepared to pay whatever compensation Wet Sham felt neccesary ?

I''m not sure either - but if we start winning games, will I care ? [:S]

My source about Granty''s appointment was...

NOBODY had submit application for the job after Worthy sacked, Grantly also!!! But why do we give him the job? I don''t know...