Sign in to follow this  
Plastic Scouser

Huckerby Hysteria

OK - maybe I''m just being an old git here, but can someone please explain the hysteria over Huckerby. It crops up everywhere on posts -"shivers down my spine when I hear his name", "cried when he signed"...

OK so he''s a good player - he''s kickstarted our season but he has not single handedly won us promotion - he''s part of a TEAM effort.

Is this some sort of Beckham style hysteria - which incidentally I don''t get either? With reference to the thread on the loudest cheer at Carrow Rd - how can the signing of one man be more important than historic events such as the win against Bayern or the Semi win against the Binners?

This should generate some replies, but I am truly fascinated to see the reasoning as to why Huckerby generates so much adulation - it can''t just be that pseudo mullett?

Plastic scouser,

Where you in Norwich at the time he signed on loan and then perminantly? His presence gave the entire city a lift I have never seen a single player perform. He has transformed the club, the fans and our entire expectations. Yes it is a team effort. But I think people have the right to get emotional when he gets mentioned. He''s done an incredible job.

Its all about entertainment Plastic Scouser ! ........... and Hucks has provided it ! and you may not realise it, but Huckerby is 100% genuine , and ditto a hard working professional athlete ...... and he will be the first to say its a team game .....AND , in my view, he is on a mission to rub some blinkered prem bodies noses in the poop .

also hsi month with the rib issue was stunning

what i also love about huckerby is his down-to-earthness. I spoke 2 him as he got off the coach at wimbeldon - some of u mite hav seen me ''gunna giv us anova matchwinner 2day darren?''''

''''it aint just about me theres 10 other players out there just as important"
that sums him up 2 me

Chris Hollins on BBC''s national news this evening said Hucks'' goal today was "a passable impression of Thierry Henry". Praise indeed from the Beeb.

Plastic Scouser....Your Quote!!! Am I just being an Old Git ?..spot on, yes you are....do you watch the game? do you see him pass? do you see him score?, do you see him attack and beat 3 defenders and then set someone else up ?, do you have any idea? if we didnt have Huckerby do you think we would be top of the league? mmmmm dont think so!! at what part of the game are you awake?

What a goal. That''s all you need to see. Didn''t do much for the most part but when we needed a winner, well bloody hell, what a goal.

That really did send shivers down my spine.

What Huckerby has done for Norwich City FC and the county of Norfolk is give it a feel
good factor something missing in these parts for many years.Everywhere u go
people are talkin about him and the football club which must be good for the club and also the county.Yes it also may have happened after the milk cup semi or victory over Bayern but we
live for today not past glorys of yesteryear.I live in Lowestoft n all i get is the binners runnin on about cups won 23 or more years ago but all they do is moan n grone about how c..p there team is playin NOW(oh how they wish they was in our position with Huckerby) so yes scouser there is a lot of hysteria about Huckerby but for all the enjoyment he and the rest of the football
club has given us over the last 8 months i sallute him the rest of the players, Worthington, back room staff and Delia and her board who has made this possable and long may it continue.
ON THE BALL CITY
ps
we r up enjoy the next month i will :~)

BES, DD & the rest

I knew when I posted this one that that I would be accused of being completely ignorant of his effect on the team - the thing is, I am not. Yes he scored a cracker yesterday, yes he causes panic in defences because of his heads down, run like the blazes at defenders style - there is absolutely no denying that he is a great player - I did not question his playing ability, I questioned the apparent hysteria that surrounds him. And I apologize Rooferman for dwelling in the past, but what exactly sets Huckerby apart from, say Svensson or McKenzie (who incidentally I thought really showed some flashes of brilliance yesterday)? I am trying to get behind the "he''s a fantastic player" comments to understand why people "shiver" when they hear his name - that''s what I don''t understand.

And at the risk of making things worse for myself, lets look at Huckerby in the cold light of day - the types of goals that he''s scoring at the moment are NOT going to flow like this when, God willing, we are in the Premiership next season - like it or not, it''s a completely different ball game - we will not be playing the likes of Burnley on a regular basis - Premiership defenders will be far more aware when dealing with these sorts of tactics. That''s where McKenzie might start to shine - his off the ball running yesterday was excellent - the way he ran through the offside trap on a couple of occasions showed some good football intelligence - OK so his final balls & finish weren''t great, but at least he was getting into the right positions.

So come on you lot, come and have a go at this old git for not being with the programme as far as Huckerby is concerned. But just remember, one man does not make the club - the rest of the team and the manager have had just as big a say in this season as Huckerby, yet I don''t see any comments about shivers, tears etc when talking about Worthy!

I know your not questioning his ability plastic scouser, but the all round good feeling he has brought to the club is immense. He''s such an exciting player. His influence on the fans has been incredible. Yes I know a lot of players in our squad have been outstanding this year. But they haven''t excited the fans and given them such a belief as Huckerby has. When he picks up the ball on the half way line, I hold my breath. What is he going to do now? He''s just such an exciting player. He scares the hell out of me sometimes. Players like that don''t come along very often. It''s no wonder there is such huge hysteria surrounding him.

Plastic Scouser you will not win this one....Hucks Hysteria will not go away..so buy the tee-shirt and join in....lots more HYSTERIA to come..enjoy!!

Plastic Scouser,
1) We were mid-table when he came on loan we are now top and have been since Dec
2) He has raised the morale of the players,the club and the fans
3) Everytime he gets the ball and sets off on one of his dazzling runs we get excited
4) If you went to the forum you''ll know that he is quite modest which we like
but finally and most importantly when we are playing in the premier next season we all know that he will have played a big part in getting us there.
Shivers down our spines,tears when he signed, yes, thats how it gets you when your hero delivers the goods.Now do you understand?
cityangel

Plastic Scouser...were you at the ground when Delia announced that Hucks had signed for us...I truly had tears in my eyes at that particular moment.
Hucks has injected an enthusiasm for attacking footbal into the team that we have not had for many, many years...possibly since Ted and Phil led the front line.
Witness how we now play 4-3-3, it is not so long ago that at defending corners Mr W insisted that all 10 outfield players should defend in our penalty area!!
However, our fans are not stupid...if you look at nominations for "Player Of The Season" the majority of fans prefer Flem! Hucks normally comes in about 3rd. Enough said :-0}

who is this plastic scouser?

thank the lord i have been away from the internet for a couple of weeks mate, cos you have heard NOTHING on this subject yet

are you a norwich fan? if so, have you questioned your own mind, if not, do so or read on

darren huckerby arrived here on loan at a time when we were going exactly nowhere, mid table (due to our great defence); we had nothing there to suggest being top of the league since christmas

DH arrived and the rest is history - i don''t know how many games you have seen this year and i understand, up to a point your views on the celebrity bit, but DH is a very humble guy, totally - i have met him, seen him absolutely speechless listening to grown men sing his praises.

He is the reason we are top of the league, why other players are playing out of their skins, he has scored more goals than anyone else, assisted more, turned lost causes into wins, draws into wins.

He is inspirational and will both thrive and excite in the premier, with us, while his old club (if they are still there) will be kicking themselves for getting rid

hysteria, you bet your life!!! if you can''t get excited about watching such a fantastic player, being top of the league, singing all that every week, seeing superb goals (like the one on saturday), then i feel really sorry for you

i cried my heart out when he played v cardiff, even though i knew in my heart he would return, and as for boxing day, when delia took him onto the pitch, did you see the division one championship cup there too?

it was there and will be, thanks to him

player of the season - no, far more important than that, he is going to get us into the prem, out of debt and bring the good (great) times back to this club after the wreck it was in post chase

if you are old enough to remember all that, then you will understand.

Darren Huckerby is absolutely superb and has made us great again. If you cannot feel that, then take up something that doesn''t stretch the emotions