Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

WHY HENDERSON - WHY NOT FLEMING OR SPILLANE?

Why take of an attacker and put another attacker on out of position. This helped us lose the game. We needed the experience of Flem or even Spillane.

Bad call Worthington.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Why take of an attacker and put another attacker on out of position. This helped us lose the game. We needed the experience of Flem or even Spillane. Bad call Worthington.[/quote]

spillane has no experience, also the best way to defend is not always to bring on extra defenders and sit too deep, replacinf a midfielder with fresh legs is a decent enough concept. If we had the same result after bringing on a defender people would have said, why not strengthen the midfield!

The defence is only as good as the midfield in front of it.

I take you point, Marty, but Worthington was bemoaning the lack of leaders and Hendo is not someone who fits that bill, he is likely to lose his head or his rag and Spillane looks a cooler custmer.

Personally, I would have brought Flem on.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]BTW this isn''t a ''have a go at Hendo'' thread.[/quote]

It bloody well should be, he is awful!!

Send him packing, preferably to Diss Town where he belongs.

No disrespect to Diss...

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]I take you point, Marty, but Worthington was bemoaning the lack of leaders and Hendo is not someone who fits that bill, he is likely to lose his head or his rag and Spillane looks a cooler custmer. Personally, I would have brought Flem on.[/quote]

Not entirely relevant to this thread, but re. Spillane, in both games I''ve watched this season he has shown a tendency to retaliate after the event.  Of course he needs to show his opponent that he can look after himself, but if he does it like that he''ll have an impressive card collection before long.  He has raw talent but has a lot to learn.

I can see both sides of the Henderson v. Fleming argument, but what it boils down to is that we have a chronic lack of options due to the size of the squad. 

I''m not sure if anyone would have made any difference.  The collapse was a collective effort.  Has to be said that Henderson was poor though.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]I take you point, Marty, but Worthington was bemoaning the lack of leaders and Hendo is not someone who fits that bill, he is likely to lose his head or his rag and Spillane looks a cooler custmer. Personally, I would have brought Flem on.[/quote] 

You''re spot on here Rude, you see ,I like to agree occasionally.