Sign in to follow this  
Big_t

Loan signings!

I am interested to know what quality of loan signings people think are likely to be available this time around?

Any hucks out there waiting for a loan?

We must be thinking about the players required if a stricker is to be on loan are they going to be any good?

I know Cotterill chose to go to Wigan, but I was doubtful he''d go straight into the team. How about if we gave Jewell a call to see if he''d like to try out his new lad in the Championship? It''s a higher level than he''s played before and could suit all parties. After all, we know that Worthy/Hunter thought he was worth £2million, so he should fit the bill for a loan, ay?I didn''t follow other teams moves - are there other strikers who moved to the Prem, who might not be waltzing into their new teams?

should we add a quality left-back to replace drury?  maybe in my book.  if a quality frontman akin to the skill of crouch can be added then great.  however, perhaps the lesson this time around, is to actually sign somebody of the calibre of crouch, rather than ditch him, and bring in 2 lesser players in the shape of svensson & mckenzie (not that i''m grateful for the part they played in out promo) - who knows, we could still be in the prem?

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]should we add a quality left-back to replace drury?  maybe in my book.  if a quality frontman akin to the skill of crouch can be added then great.  however, perhaps the lesson this time around, is to actually sign somebody of the calibre of crouch, rather than ditch him, and bring in 2 lesser players in the shape of svensson & mckenzie (not that i''m grateful for the part they played in out promo) - who knows, we could still be in the prem?[/quote]I would have been quite happy with this statement had it not missed out the glaringly obvious! We signed Leon in the summer and Huckerby and Svensson in January. I don''t think that we didn''t want Crouch I think it is more akin to the fact that we could not afford both him and Huckerby and to be fair Hux was looking far more dangerous and didnt come with the £1-2million price bracket.Anyhoo . . .

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]should we add a quality left-back to replace drury?  maybe in my book.  if a quality frontman akin to the skill of crouch can be added then great. 

however, perhaps the lesson this time around, is to actually sign somebody of the calibre of crouch, rather than ditch him, and bring in 2 lesser players in the shape of svensson & mckenzie (not that i''m grateful for the part they played in out promo) - who knows, we could still be in the prem?
[/quote]

I would have been quite happy with this statement had it not missed out the glaringly obvious! We signed Leon in the summer and Huckerby and Svensson in January. I don''t think that we didn''t want Crouch I think it is more akin to the fact that we could not afford both him and Huckerby and to be fair Hux was looking far more dangerous and didnt come with the £1-2million price bracket.

Anyhoo . . .
[/quote]

We didn''t sign leon in the summer. About Xmas.