Sign in to follow this  
Lonnie Lynn (Common)

Why get Sutton?

Hi all, im just posting because Sutton was just past my era, id like to know what makes him such a favourite with the majority of the fans. Of what ive seen of him recently he seems a player who relys on dirty tactics like over powering his marker to an extent where he  gives away needless freekicks. To a certain extent, Sutton is a thug who believes he can swan about our county like a big time charlie.

Sutton is a thug? Sorry LL but you are well out of order with that comment, he is a good honest player who could bring a lot to this club if he returned, he could still do a good job for city and would be a perfect partner for Earnshaw,tut tut!!!

Sutton is probably no more of a thug than any other well-built footballer.

Having said that, we''re 3 games into this season and he still doesn''t have a club.  And I think that says everything you need to know.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Sutton is probably no more of a thug than any other well-built footballer.

Having said that, we''re 3 games into this season and he still doesn''t have a club.  And I think that says everything you need to know.

[/quote]

He is recovering from injury at the moment.....

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

He is recovering from injury at the moment.....

[/quote]

So is Robert Green.

seriously whether you want him or not, this was more about what he was like when he was here. Sutton in his canary days was a skilled centre forward, a real goalscorer, not a thug by any stretch of the imagination, just a big powerful man, did excellent with wingers providing him the ball. That''s what he was like then, what will he be like now, who knows, but I don''t see the harm giving him a month''s contract to find out.