Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Sign Sutton...........and I'll change my name

Permantly!.

Maybe to Peter Pan or Captain Jack Sarrow, but if City signed the God called Chris Sutton, I would be over the moon and wouldn''t care about a user name at all.

Whatever happens, good luck against Preston lads, we need the points, so give ''em hell!.

OTBC.

Are you his Agent in disguise?  Various reports suggest the Pay as you Play option will cost not less than £10,000 per Game. That is not a realistic option. Birmingham had a good look at him last Season and guess what - they are looking everywhere for a Striker, including Kuqi, but not Sutton. Anyway, do we really need a Big Man upfront to encourage the Hoofball tactics of last Season, as by all accounts the 4-5-1 on Saturday worked really well, switching to 4-3-3 when we counter attacked with 3 quick men going fwd. Surely thats a recipe for better football. We shall see on Tuesday.

lve not seen this £10,000 a game mentined by the club, itsUNFAIR of you to mention this unless you have the facts, not hearsay.

Oh come on Wiz why don’t you give it a rest for a change, they’re all right and you know it!

After all what manager in their right mind would sign a proven striker who‘d had a really successful career at Celtic but was prone to the odd injury but was now happy to play in the Chumpionship?

Let me think for a minute, oh yes! Brian Robson signed John Hartson!

Silly old Baggies evidently he had a dreadful game apart from banging a couple of goals in and we all know that sort of thing is just not for us

[quote user="sparkie"]lve not seen this £10,000 a game mentined by the club, itsUNFAIR of you to mention this unless you have the facts, not hearsay.[/quote]  - Its quoted in todays EADT, in an article by Davis, back page.

But all those clamouring for a Sutton return - why are Birmingham not interested as they saw him at first hand last season, and he is also quoted as saying he wants to play for them again. Is Kuqi really a better player, if the report today that Birmingham want him is correct.

While we''re at it, lets get Jerry Goss, Rob Newman and Robert Fleck in. I heard they''re available and would probably play for 50 quid a week plus pie bonus.Btw, my cousin''s husband once saw Flecky in Homebase and this is all FACT!!What have we got to lose? :)

This Sutton debate is becoming rather dull .

Give Worthy a chance to bring a big striker before the transfer deadline (yeah, I know he''s missed out on two targets). If he doesn''t, then and only then should the Sutton issue be raised again and serious questions asked.

In the meantime, expect Steve Brooker or Izale McLeod to be targetted with Peter Thorne being the makeweight in any deal.

[quote user="Herb"]While we''re at it, lets get Jerry Goss, Rob Newman and Robert Fleck in. I heard they''re available and would probably play for 50 quid a week plus pie bonus.
Btw, my cousin''s husband once saw Flecky in Homebase and this is all FACT!!
What have we got to lose? :)
[/quote]

And your point is?

[quote user="Herb"]While we''re at it, lets get Jerry Goss, Rob Newman and Robert Fleck in. I heard they''re available and would probably play for 50 quid a week plus pie bonus.
Btw, my cousin''s husband once saw Flecky in Homebase and this is all FACT!!
What have we got to lose? :)
[/quote]

Chris is only 33 mate, Hartson is 32 commanded at £500K fee and just as supposedly injury prone.  Celtic would happily kept Sutton this season, why not pick him up on a pay as you play deal??  Or at least get him in on a trial to see what he can do?

Then again we have Thorne, premiership here we come....

I would love Sutton to come back here but i read at the weekend even the Scum are stalling at his injury position. He apparently has a groin problem [:O]

But then i would hope i had one too if i was married to a page 3 girl [;)]

[quote user="whoareyou"]

I would love Sutton to come back here but i read at the weekend even the Scum are stalling at his injury position. He apparently has a groin problem [:O]

But then i would hope i had one too if i was married to a page 3 girl [;)]

[/quote]

Jamie Redknapp retired due to a reoccurring ''groin injury''.  I wonder if Louise[:P] had anything to do with its regular reocurance!!

As Peter Thorne is on the rumoured £8000 a week (he was on £10,000 at Cardiff)

I can assure you that Peter is on nothing like £8000 a week, for ovbious reasons i cant prove this but please take my word for it, as for Chris Sutton, people seem to think he will come here for minimal wage, Chris is still demanding a sizable wage (be it weekly or pay as he plays) the club in its currant position is reluctant to bring a player in and pay him more than any other player at the club per game, lets not forget that chris is currantly injured and would be unable to play for a few weeks. Why risk upsetting the currant setup just to please a few hundred fans !