Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Sour Grapes from Newell!!

Newell also claimed the hosts had been fortunate with their equaliser claiming that Lee Croft had mis-hit his effort.

The Hatters manager said: "The lad mis-hit the ball. If you watch it again you''ll see he meant to cross it and he mis-hit it.

"I''m certainly not going to blame my goalkeeper for trying to read the situation and anticipate a cross."

On hearing Newell''s version of events for the goal, Norwich boss Nigel Worthington countered: "Well I hope Lee keeps mis-hitting them like that all season then.

"In fact we were working on it in training on Friday morning, making sure he could mis-hit them into the goal like that.

"No of course he didn''t mis-hit it, it was a great goal."

http://www.dunstabletoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?sectionid=542&articleid=1692737

Crazy isn''t he. How could he say something like that about a star player who ran himself into the ground for the team. He was simply fantastic. Here''s to you Crofty

My seat is directly in line with the goal-line and, to be fair to Newell, Lee Croft undoubtedly meant it as a cross and the keeper committed himself to that. Not that any of us were bothered about how it went in!

I sit directly in line with the goal at that end of the Jarrold stand, and I have to say I thought it was a mis-hit cross too. But credit to Croft and City for piling forward and putting the Luton back line under such pressure that these kind of mistakes were forced out of them. It was a similar story with Huckerby''s mis-hit cross that got deflected into the net by the Preston defender on Tuesday night.If Croft did spot the keeper edging forward and tried to slot it home, then credit to him. But it didn''t look like that from the stands. As for Newell, well it was his players that made the mistakes to let City back into the game, so he probably should be blaming them!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

On hearing Newell''s version of events for the goal, Norwich boss Nigel Worthington countered: "Well I hope Lee keeps mis-hitting them like that all season then.

"In fact we were working on it in training on Friday morning, making sure he could mis-hit them into the goal like that.

[/quote]

I think its best to explain to you (and some other regular posters on here) that Nigel was joking. An avalanche of  indignant ''he''s wasting valuable time on the training ground teaching them to miss-hit the ball'' or hilarious ''he doesn''t need to train them to do it they manage allright on their own'' posts aren''t necessary.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

I think its best to explain to you (and some other regular posters on here) that Nigel was joking. An avalanche of  indignant ''he''s wasting valuable time on the training ground teaching them to miss-hit the ball'' or hilarious ''he doesn''t need to train them to do it they manage allright on their own'' posts aren''t necessary.

[/quote]

Didn''t you realise Squit...  Martin Hunter is taking all training at Colney at the moment.

Most of us realised straight away that Foghorn’s comments were made in a joking way and for once were not an adverse comment on Worthington’s abilities

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]

Didn''t you realise Squit...  Martin Hunter is taking all training at Colney at the moment.

[/quote]

Paul, your quickly forgetting that Hunter is just a yes man who will only do what the Manager tells him to do.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I should hope he is CJF, that''s what we pay him for.

Please can someone who knows about these things clarify the respective roles of manager and coach.