Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rages

Alan Macanally

Is that how you spell it?

Anyhoo,

Was watching sky sports news before the Luton game, he and John Solako were asked about our chances this season.

Solako thought we could be dark horses and have a great season, based on the way we have played so far.

Macanally thought that we were average and that we didn''t have a goalscorer. It was pointed out that we have Earnshaw who fits that bill. He thought that Earnshaw wouldn''t cut it in this league and wouldn''t hit the 20 goal mark. He felt that he missed too many chances and wouldn''t contribute enough to make the difference.

The presenter and Solako disagreed and said he was proven at this level which he is. They then had a bet on him hitting 20 goals.

Personally I think Macanally is off his head to think that Earnshaw won''t get a load of goals for us. Two in three ALREADY. Not a bad start!

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Is that how you spell it?

Anyhoo,

Was watching sky sports news before the Luton game, he and John Solako were asked about our chances this season.

Solako thought we could be dark horses and have a great season, based on the way we have played so far.

Macanally thought that we were average and that we didn''t have a goalscorer. It was pointed out that we have Earnshaw who fits that bill. He thought that Earnshaw wouldn''t cut it in this league and wouldn''t hit the 20 goal mark. He felt that he missed too many chances and wouldn''t contribute enough to make the difference.

The presenter and Solako disagreed and said he was proven at this level which he is. They then had a bet on him hitting 20 goals.

Personally I think Macanally is off his head to think that Earnshaw won''t get a load of goals for us. Two in three ALREADY. Not a bad start!

[/quote]The blokes a prat.

Alan McInally used to write a column in the Racing Post where he gave tips on that weekend''s football. One of the best way''s I''ve ever seen to make money betting on footy was to bet on the EXACT OPPOSITE of what McInally predicted! If I remember correctly McInally''s column was axed after a season.

Needless to say I''ve already backed Earnie to be the top scorer in this division at odds of 16/1. Long way to go yet of course, but I think they are very fair odds for someone with a proven record at this level.

mcinally was a prat back in 1994 when he said bayern would hammer us but he got that one wrong as well didnt he! pay no attention to that idiot.

[quote user="baldyboy"]mcinally was a prat back in 1994 when he said bayern would hammer us but he got that one wrong as well didnt he! pay no attention to that idiot.[/quote]

Got it on tape as well as the game. Play it when I''m feeling down. (Played it a lot last season).