Sign in to follow this  
Tilt

Man City

Might have been asked before but...I wonder if after Man City crash to another defeat and KK is drawing up the team sheet for the next game he looks across some of the Sunday newspapers and sees all the headlines about Huckerby scoring and setting up hundreds more and wonders quietly to himself if he did the right thing in selling him...

Personally, i would like man city to come down to Div 1. They, out of all the teams have the better squads and there could be some half decent stars that''ll want to carry on playing the in the premiership. Wright-Phillips will go to a big club but there are some other decent starts that we could take.

just a thought

Good point! also think that if the the ''bigger clubs'' such as man city and leeds would somehow get a decent team together for next year, were they to stay up!! Another reason it would help us if they got relegated!!

I dont beleeeeeeve it ! those 2 posters who actually think we should buy some of the "prem " players from , say , Mancity if they are relegated , question........... ask yourself WHY they were relegated ! ........ has that sunk in ? ........... by definition its because they are losers ! .........do you really think we should waste money buying players who were part of a losing "team " ...... Trojan horse springs to mind !!

I''ve heard it said in several quarters that Man City have a problem with team spirit in that there are several factions within the playing staff, such as the Liverpool connection (Fowler/McManaman), the French connection (Tarnat/Anelka), and so on, which has made for rather too many cliques. I don''t know to what extent, if at all, this is true but they have some players of quality, Wright-Phillips being one that springs to mind, so there is undoubtedly something deeper going on. Something that thankfully doesn''t seem to be an affliction at Norwich. Well done in the extreme to Worthy for making it so!

Fair point sheded. But would you turn down the oppertunity of signing Mark Kennedy or Joleon Lescott from Wolves, Muzzy Izzet or James Scowcroft from Leicester, Seth Johnson or Michael Bridges from Leeds? All are part of a "Losing" side as you put it! I think the difference between Man City and other bottom 5 clubs is confidence rather than ability. Man City have some fantastic players and should be pushing for a top 6 place. I wouldn''t say no to some of there players. Confidence can be changed, ability can''t.

Sheded,
By your own logic we shouldn''t have therefore signed Huckerby as he wassn''t even good enough to get in a team getting relegated.

Man city have some quality players that could make a difference in our teams. Just cos they are boardering on relegation dosn''t make them bad players, just a bad team, theres a difference. Not sure about ulf''s call on Sun Jihai, he''s been shocking in their last few games and resposible for conceding some critical goals!