Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Huckerby impressed by Hunter!

"Norwich forward Darren Huckerby has been impressed by new first team coach Martin Hunter since his arrival.

The former England Under-19 boss joined the Canaries last month, and Huckerby told the club''s website: "His organisational skill is very good.

"Hopefully we are going to find the right way of playing and stick to it for the whole season.

"Pre-season has been hard - players moan about everything - but it''s always hard. You have to get used to it."

it sounds good for our new coach then, Hunter to replace Worthy, whether or not he leaves for Wolves

Hucks  words can only be construed  as proof that he thinks that Nigel  has been crap  all along !  why else would he have said such things about Hunter  , and not  Nigel ?    surely  the board   must have given Hunter  a bigger say  in managing  the team  than they will admit to ?

What  will have crossed  Nigels mind  when  he read that report ?   things like  ... being got ready  for the boot ?

You can take the comments one of three ways - as a dig at Nigel; in support of Nigel "we''re heading in the right direction" (Nigel is still the manager, remember); or you could take it as a small bit of PR from Carrow Road to big up the new coach.

I know which one I''ll be choosing...

Interesting what Hucks is saying here.

It suggests that last season there was no cohesive plan of what style to play, plus it kept being changed throughout the season. Therfore disagreements between Worthless and his coaching staff, with dire consequences on the pitch.

What would Worthless do if there were continual disagreements between himself and Hunter this season? Still hold out for the money?

What is it that is interesting?  I think that what Hucks said is true and that it has been obvious for three or more seasons that there is no real plan or system or real effort in how NCFC have played football.  That you say Worthy has had disagreements with his coaching staff, where has that come from.  I would think that the new coach has been given the job of coaching, under Worthy''s watchful eye and he will not interfere if he thinks things are going to plan. The new coach has said that there has not been many things that he will change; just a few add -ons here and there.  That being the case perhaps the coaching was the problem and the organisation was bad as has been said by Hucks.  I would think that the new man may be asking for a bit more effort from the players and this was not the case under the previous coach, and because of the extra pressures the players seem to be moaning.  Hucks has said that they should get their heads down and get on with it.  Judging by the effort of the players during games over the last three seasons they always looked ready to lay down rather than play.  I''ve said before on these boards many times that there seems to be a lack of coaching, as have others.  In my experience you cannot have a coach who is your buddy and father confessor.  The relationship has to be about business on the pitch and the perfection of football and fitness as an end result.  After the accomplishment of the desired result the social worker aspect may click in.  How I have understood the murmurings from Carrow Road over the past seasons is that our last coach was one of the boys and a generally good old stick etc.etc. well liked.  In my service days I never heard that said about the Regimental Sergeant Major or the PTI''s.  The most complimentary things were "Hard but Fair". Generally to the lads they were all Bastards. As regards your last paragraph I''m sure that if Worthy sees the players being worked hard to an end result of football perfection he will not interfere at all.

The coach sees to it that work done on the training ground is in line with whats required on the field of play. I certainly agree that the manager will make decisions as to the style, formation adopted on the pitch on and during match day. According to the opposition and events during the match he (the manager) may decide to change the game plan. 

This in my opinion is where the coaching tactics done and shown in training will shine.

Has the coach trained he team to be able to switch the game plan according to the managers requirements during a match.  The players should be able to slip into maybe three or four different types of formation/game plans etc the secret is the training done by the coaching staff should enable the team to slip seamlessly into whatever is required of them.  All well coached sides will show this ability if they have been properly prepared.  Unfortunately NCF teams over the last three years have been found wanting especially in midfield and defence where they have failed miserably.  Skilled application and adoption of tactics can only be performed by well trained and competent keen individuals.  So often our boys do not have any idea what their jobs are.  It really is like preparing a platoon to go on an offensive mission, and when they are trained properly they become confident and sure of themselves and therefore perform well.  Perhaps win OTBC!!!!