Sign in to follow this  
USAcanary

What is Chris Lakey thinking?

From his article "Harry has his eyes on Green"

"Green has just a year left on his Norwich contract _ although the club have an option for a further year - and City may decide that it would be better to cash in on their biggest asset this summer rather than risk losing out on him financially."

Did he have a brain fade?

I don`t know anyone who thinks Green is the clubs "biggest Asset" ?

Message to Chris, ROBERT EARNSHAW

Lakey probably Meant one of the clubs biggest assets. Which Greeno is.

At Least Greeno has shown Loyalty. How far will Earnies Rattle be thrown when the big clubs come sniffing?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

At Least Greeno has shown Loyalty. How far will Earnies Rattle be thrown when the big clubs come sniffing?

[/quote]

What have you got to judge that by? He had numerous opportunities to leave cardiff but stayed for a long time and only left WBA because he wasnt played, give him the chance to do something wrong before you complain about it.

As far as Earnshaw goes, he is a very ambitious player, and if we are being honest here, I can see another Ashton Sit-U-A-tion coming about should we have a similarly bad start to the season.

Erny wants to play in the Premiership, if we fail to make use of his talents and continue to lump it up to him, I imagine his patience will wane.

The difference one having a tag as a current World Cup finals squad member player compared to a Wales player.

Yes, Earnshaw is great but in the current climate of Ins & Outs this summer, Green is one of the potentials making the cash tills ring for the spending budget compared to Earnshaw. With one year left to run of Greens contract, it would be in the clubs interest to cash in now before a potential ''Marshall'' scenario happens - which I doubt Green would allow to happen.

[/quote]

" loyal " Green  has been wanting out   for over a year now !   its just that no prem club  have been interested  [ wonder why ? ]    ,  get negotiating Nigel   , grumpy Green  will be no loss ! 

I guess that Earnie`s first loyalty  will be the same as most other players ,  and their agents  [ spit ]  most often decide  where their loyalties lie !   I know of no players  who have turned on their agents  , and told them to FO,   except , to his credit , Hucks ! 

[/quote]

" loyal " Green  has been wanting out   for over a year now !   its just that no prem club  have been interested  [ wonder why ? ]    ,  get negotiating Nigel   , grumpy Green  will be no loss ! 

I guess that Earnie`s first loyalty  will be the same as most other players ,  and their agents  [ spit ]  most often decide  where their loyalties lie !   I know of no players  who have turned on their agents  , and told them to FO,   except , to his credit , Hucks ! 

So Earnie is loyal because he stayed at cardiff a couple of years when it suited him - just like Ashton did with Crewe you mean?

There is no such thing as player loyalty now;  its all about money and opportunity and in their situation we would do exactly the same; grab the money and/or exposure you crave where you can find it.

I''ve said many times before that I cannot see any but Wigan buying him.  Portsmouth have been linked today with Dudek from Liverpool so that road may be closed.  I can''t see that anyone will pay £2-3m either, unless he gets on through injuries in the World Cup and plays a couple of great games.

As an aside, is he fit?  I don''t mean in the sense of recovery from injury but generally fit.  He seems to be getting bigger and bigger and from seeing pictures of England Training he looks to have put on a few more pounds.

Who is this "loyal" player named Green? I only know one who is always expressing his desire to play in the Premiership, and he doesn''t care which club he is with to achieve that aim.

[quote user="stephen nobbs"]

Who is this "loyal" player named Green? I only know one who is always expressing his desire to play in the Premiership, and he doesn''t care which club he is with to achieve that aim.

[/quote]

Err no.  Greeno is normally qouted saying he wants to play in the prem preferably with City. 

Rob Green is an ambitious man, he''s off to the world cup where he''s training with beckham, lampard, owen etc can anyone really blame him for leaving an underacheiving championship side for the premiership?

Most people aim to reach the highest possible level in their chosen proffesion, why shouldn''t footballers do the same?

[quote user="Thorny"]

The difference one having a tag as a current World Cup finals squad member player compared to a Wales player.

Yes, Earnshaw is great but in the current climate of Ins & Outs this summer, Green is one of the potentials making the cash tills ring for the spending budget compared to Earnshaw. With one year left to run of Greens contract, it would be in the clubs interest to cash in now before a potential ''Marshall'' scenario happens - which I doubt Green would allow to happen.

[/quote]

Good grief. talk about spin.

Green is barely 3rd choice for England and Earnie is considered a starter for Wales

Green would have left at Christmas if anybody had made any kind of offer.

If anyone thinks Green would command more than Earnie in the current transfer market they are deluded.

I predict if Green leaves it will be in the 1-2 million range at most.