Sign in to follow this  
timmorgan

peter shirtliff worthys new cach!

i have a reliable source dowwn carrow rd who informs me worthy wants mansfield boss peter shirtliff as his new coach,however the board want an ex canary face with flecky the favourite choice with board members to get the fans back on side.

Could this difference of opinion between the board and Worthy over which man to pick as the new coach develop into a major row? It would be a great shame if Worthy threw his toys out of the pram again and threatened to take his talents elsewhere, wouldn''t it?? How on earth would we cope without one of the brightest young managers in the country??

Why the ''angry'' face?  I''ve a pretty open mind on who is the coach, but Shirtliff has a pretty decent record, better than many options that we could have; he was a decent pro with plenty of seasons at the top levels of the game, has coached at Barnsley and Leicester, took the Asst Manager''s role at Mansfield last season and then managed after October when the manager left - seems that he did ok guiding them to flirtation with the play-offs before they fell away to mid-table in the last 5 games of the season.

We could probably do plenty worse; I guess the biggest problem for WO''s is that he is a mate of Worthy, but that need not cloud things - to be fair to the bloke he certainly has a better pedigree than Fleck or Gordon, who have only really done bits and pieces in non league since leaving ''proper'' football - but then maybe none of them are what we are after?!  I guess we''ll find out what''s what soon enough.

Fleckie to come as the shepherd then to round up all us lost sheep so Worthless can sleep quietly under a haystack !Lets hope the board are as unhappy and concerned  as we are with this situation .If it does not work will they hunt us down 1 by 1 and take our season tickets or come to their senses over Worthless.At the moment i don''t see them eating one of Delias humble pies.

I would favor Fleck.

He would breath some fire and energy back into the club.

Lets face it Worthy and Livermore and the two most dour managers you could meet.

Under the word "grey" in the dictionary is a picture of Worthy.

I have said this before but in just about every successful spell Norwich has had we have had at least one fiery Scotish player on the pitch.

We need some passion back in the team.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Why the ''angry'' face?  I''ve a pretty open mind on who is the coach, but Shirtliff has a pretty decent record, better than many options that we could have; he was a decent pro with plenty of seasons at the top levels of the game, has coached at Barnsley and Leicester, took the Asst Manager''s role at Mansfield last season and then managed after October when the manager left - seems that he did ok guiding them to flirtation with the play-offs before they fell away to mid-table in the last 5 games of the season.

We could probably do plenty worse; I guess the biggest problem for WO''s is that he is a mate of Worthy, but that need not cloud things - to be fair to the bloke he certainly has a better pedigree than Fleck or Gordon, who have only really done bits and pieces in non league since leaving ''proper'' football - but then maybe none of them are what we are after?!  I guess we''ll find out what''s what soon enough.

[/quote]

because the last thing we need is a worthy yes man, we need somone who has a passing philosophy

[quote user="timmorgan"]i have a reliable source dowwn carrow rd who informs me worthy wants mansfield boss peter shirtliff as his new coach,however the board want an ex canary face with flecky the favourite choice with board members to get the fans back on side.[/quote]

God in heaven help us if the board get their way.  Flecky being brought back AGAIN to appease the fans?  We''ve already done that, courtesy of Mr Chase in 1995. 

The new coach should be the best man for the job in purely footballing terms.  Appeasing the fans shouldn''t even appear on the far distant horizon.  If the appointment degenerates into a PR exercise I''m off, for good this time.

I really struggle to believe that this scenario is any more than wishful thinking by someone with a vivid imagination.   

Incidentally, how does it sit with those of you who think Nigel has an unnaturally close relationship with Delia and Michael?

I have posted before saying the only thing Worthless cares about is himself and filling the club with " YES WORTHY MEN" will do more harm than good to the club.It''s one big ego trip for him and he thinks he is above taking advice or critisism from anyone.Are the board so affraid of him ,is he out of control and the only thing they feel they can do to quell the discontent is to bring back an old favourite with little experience who wears his heart on his sleeve.They have truley lost the plot and perhaps its some of them that need replacing.Out with the old and in with the new i say.

id sooner we tried poaching someone from somewhere.. a well known Coach...Kit Symons perhaps... id doubt we could afford the Pay off though

jas :)