Sign in to follow this  
Mark .Y.

Allardyce - how stupid is he ?

We need six quality players to bolster our squad for the coming season," boss Sam Allardyce told the club website.

"I want to bring in the majority of them before the World Cup starts."

Ha-ha, what a fool - does he not know that nobody does business until they have been on holiday and most of the summer has gone. Thank God he didn''t get the England job, he is clearly incapable of proper planning and I''ll be very surprised if Bolton don''t get rid of him shortly.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]We are lucky we don''t have Allardyce or Mourinho in charge.....   What fools they are...[/quote]

Indeed, what have they ever achieved? [8-)]

A little bit strong Mark, based on one comment.

I''ll let you know if he does make signings in the next month and I''ll appreciate your feedback if so.

Ah, but our man is a genius. Allardyce and Mourinho are just ordinary managers ekeing out an existence in the Premiership.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]We are lucky we don''t have Allardyce or Mourinho in charge.....   What fools they are...[/quote]Another comment taken out of context by the neggative mob.I think signing six players in the next month is pretty ambitious although there are a lot of free agents about. And I have been a bit surprised about the players they have let go. N''Gotty has been consistant for them although at 34 I guess they have had the best of him. Okotcha at 32 is still a great playemaker and set piece taker - he doesnt always suit their combative style but he is quality even if he does look like "Cat" from Red Dwarf!So yes I watch with great interest to see if he can sign those six players by the end of the month. I think it will be hard when you consider players are getting breaks whilst they can and then the world cup preperations are likely to start soon also.If a player is involved in the world cup they are better off waiting untill during the tornamen or after the tournament when their ability has been well and truly put in the shop window and they will have more interest and more ability to get a higher wage out of it. Especially if they are to be younger players like Allardice has said when releasing the two mentioned players.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

I''ll let you know if he does make signings in the next month and I''ll appreciate your feedback if so.

[/quote]

It''s all a bit contextual (if that is a word) YR, I just have this bee in my bonnet because for the last two seasons our whole management structure (including the board) seem to take the view that nothing can be done for a couple of months so it is best to go off on holiday and discuss things when we get back. It really annoyed me last year because I felt Ifill would have been a good signing for us, unfortunately Colin of Sheff U got in first (I do recognize of course that NW might not have been interested in Ifill). Although Allardyce might not get 6 players in, he has at least made his intentions clear and I am sure he will be getting to work, making contacts etc straight away.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

It''s all a bit contextual (if that is a word) YR, I just have this bee in my bonnet because for the last two seasons our whole management structure (including the board) seem to take the view that nothing can be done for a couple of months so it is best to go off on holiday and discuss things when we get back. It really annoyed me last year because I felt Ifill would have been a good signing for us, unfortunately Colin of Sheff U got in first (I do recognize of course that NW might not have been interested in Ifill). Although Allardyce might not get 6 players in, he has at least made his intentions clear and I am sure he will be getting to work, making contacts etc straight away.

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Colin is at it again, looks like Li Tie is going to sign within a few days.  Not everybody is on holiday.

[quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

I have a confession Mark.

I didn''t actually read your original post properly. Ironically I didn''t spot the irony. Oh the irony of irony.

You are quite right though these things would be far better done sooner rather than later. I''m just thinking about the agents here now though, I don''t rekon it''s in their interest to do any business before the world cup. Were talking about inflated prices post world cup and probably more money in it for them.

Will be interesting to see if Big Sam does do any business in the next few weeks though and if so, I imagine they won''t be players figuring in the world cup.

Thanks for not throwing my misinterpretation down my throat by the way. I''m sure most would.

[/quote]

[quote user="Saint Canary"]Colin is at it again, looks like Li Tie is going to sign within a few days.  Not everybody is on holiday.[/quote]

Yet again our club seems to be missing a trick, to try and penny pinch. Late on in the season as we found out last year, failure to prepare can lead to greater expenditure on ineffectual loans. Colin Warnock signed Danny Webber, Paul Ifill, and Craig Short early doors last time out... how useful have these players been to their promotion.  Paul Ifill''s 9 goals in 28 (11) games especially from Right Wing.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

I didn''t actually read your original post properly. Ironically I didn''t spot the irony. Oh the irony of irony.

You are quite right though these things would be far better done sooner rather than later. I''m just thinking about the agents here now though, I don''t rekon it''s in their interest to do any business before the world cup. Were talking about inflated prices post world cup and probably more money in it for them.

Will be interesting to see if Big Sam does do any business in the next few weeks though and if so, I imagine they won''t be players figuring in the world cup.

Thanks for not throwing my misinterpretation down my throat by the way. I''m sure most would.

[/quote][/quote]

I guessed you had slightly misread it YR, I just hope for our sake we don''t come to regret not doing anything early on. I doubt if we have any interest at all in players who will be at the World Cup (except for our very own RG). I personally don''t think you need to hang about for agents either, there is nothing wrong in talking to a player and letting him know you are interested and also see if he has any interest in you. For example, I would be willing to bet that Rob Earnshaw has Jason Koumas'' phone number.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

[/quote][/quote]

I guessed you had slightly misread it YR, I just hope for our sake we don''t come to regret not doing anything early on. I doubt if we have any interest at all in players who will be at the World Cup (except for our very own RG). I personally don''t think you need to hang about for agents either, there is nothing wrong in talking to a player and letting him know you are interested and also see if he has any interest in you. For example, I would be willing to bet that Rob Earnshaw has Jason Koumas'' phone number.

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

thats tapping up.. and illegle.. unless ur chelski

jas :)

[quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

[/quote][/quote]

Mark .Y.

[/quote]Erm that is actually quite illegal for the club to actually do that - its called tapping up. However if the club did not ask Earnshaw to call him (wink wink, nudge nudge) then it would be very hard to prove that any tapping happened.The other thing with agents is that they tend to have quite a few players on their books which means that sometimes the clubs have to wait for them to become free.To me that is why Huckerby is better than any player we could have wished for in the sence that he told his agent to go jump when he wanted to sign for us and his agent thought he could get a better move elsewhere.

Uuummm, yes, tapping up or a polite conversation about which direction somebody''s future career might take ? Anyway, another way to do this sort of thing is to release the names of the players you are interested in to the local press, this then gets taken up by the national press and the player is alerted without direct contact at all.

By the way Chicken, completely agree about Huckerby - that is part of the reason I think he is one of our all-time legends.

Mark .Y.