Sign in to follow this  
Archie

Expectations for next season

It seems as though Worthy will be here next season, so what will do for you? What would be everyone''s reaction if we came 6th and then got promoted? Would you stick by Worthy even after an average season, or get rid of him given that he has already had a go in the Premiership (it would be an odd thing to do, does experience count for the better in this instance?)

Its interesting to look at Pardew - public enemy number 1 at West Ham a year ago. Of course we are not going to make the FA Cup final in two years time, but how opinions change

Personally I am fed up with Worthington, but am more or less resigned to the fact that he will probably be manager for the whole of next season barring a poor first 15 games (not in the top 7 or 8). There are very few managers out there to replace him anyway, what has happened to Holloway? Get a few good players in (QPR lot) and admit mistakes once in a while, and it may not all be bad.

Interested in other people''s opinions, not pointless WO v. KTF match

Archie

6th would be a major improvement on this season and promotion will see him get the plaudits again.  My benchmark for him, as stated long ago , is keeping us in the prem - then I will happily eat his trainers...

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]Top six if we sack Worthington , mid table and bored stiff all season if we dont.[/quote]Great - if we sack Worthington we have really high expectations for a new manager with a team not built around his ideals. Top six out of the window in my opinion.

"Great - if we sack Worthington we have really high expectations for a new manager with a team not built around his ideals. Top six out of the window in my opinion."

utter crap, we have darren huckerby, Rob Earnshaw and a solid squad of players....   I would bet most managers at this level would have got us into the top 6 THIS season!!

Alan Pardew took a rebuilt west ham team into the play-offs in a single season, Ady Bothroyd took a watford side assembled for a million into the play-offs....  I see NO reason why a manager cant do any better than negative nigel....

Anyways what ideals is this team built around??  I see no plan do you?  apart from not having a right side or any decent central midfielders or a target man and playing hoofball......