Sign in to follow this  
1st Wizard

wishful thinking

1. steve howard from luton

2. jason koumas from cardiff

3. danny shittu from qpe

4. greg halford from colchester

5. lee cook from qpr

these signins would be made possible with the sale of green and the left over money from ashton and keeping gallagher

aswell as letting fleming, charlton, hughes, thorne go

I''d have thought that the obvious areas for team strengthening over the summer are- in order of priority-

(1) Right midfielder

(2) Centre forward with height and strength to partner Earnshaw (who was excellent yesterday I thought)

(3) Attacking midfielder to partner Safri (although, to be fair, Etuhu is improving- better touch and commitment, still needs to get forward more and be more influential)

(4) Cover at centre-half

(5) I think the right back position is also of some concern...Colin has potential but seems positionally suspect (coaching issue?) but would also, I think, benefit from a better right midfielder in front of him...

(6) Sort out the goal-keeping issues...If Green wants to go then sell him asap to clear up the picture

I think the team also lacks vocal leadership and drive on the field...Worthington should be thinking about this when he brings in new players...

As for departures:

I''d keep Fleming in squad, release Thorne, try very hard to loan Henderson and probably the Jarvises to lower division clubs to build up their experience and strength...love to see Hughes go but I think Worthington is going to stubbornly persist with him to the bitter end...

Out with Worthless, new manager in. The New manager to get rid of Hughes, Robinson, Thorne and Fleming. Then rebuild the squad with good YOUNG players for example Halford, Billy Jones, Paul Gallagher (from Blackburn) and Richard Chaplow.

Now that is wishful thinking......

I''d be happy with these signings too Josh, but one things puzzles me - how much do really think we would get for Green? I don''t think anyone would begrudge Green a move, but realistically we would only get around 500/750K, especially as he only has one year left on his contract.

Some City fans think we would get £2.5/3M [!] for him but this is just fantasy. It''s an open secret that Green wants to leave and has done for some time - his agent has punted him everywhere but nobody is prepared to take the risk - not for serious money at least. His last two seasons have been indifferent and his overall stock has gone down.

I do wish Rob all the best and of course the club should get the best deal [assuming there will be one], but the City''s handling of Green in the last two seasons has not been the best [partly due to no competition being used]and as a result, both parties have suffered.

i agree that a new manager would be good but you have to look at the realistic things, that will not happen unless we are relegated!!! so instead of moaning about the manager we might aswell concentrate on positive notes and new players... as for youth i agree with halford but we have enough youth players and more will not get us out of a division which will have teams like birmingham, southampton, west brom, sunderland, the 3 losing play off teams, us , leicester!!! proven quality like koumas and shittu will provide a strong base with creativity and lee cook will provide much needed width and howard would be the perfect coil for earnie who is looking the real deal after a slow start!!!

Gallagher

Elliot (milwall)   Doherty      Shackall      Drury

Halford      Safri         Koumas      Hucks

Earnshaw         Sutton

Subs, Lewis,davenport, etuhu, mcveigh, eastwood

Squad, another keeper, spillane, cave-brown, fleming, louis-jean another left back, rossi J, bircham, brunt or commons or Cook , hughes, ryan J, hendo and mckenzie, fisk, halliday and eagle.

Gone - Ward, green, charlton, colin, hughes, robinson and thorne. Plus loan out the players in blue and any of the ones in red if possible.

Now that would be a dream.

You''d sign Sutton? Without wishing to be confrontational, because that''s not my intention, have you seen his performances for Birmingham this season? He''s only interested in his wage packet these days and definitely wouldn''t have the stomach for a Championship promotion battle...

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

Gallagher

Elliot (milwall)   Doherty      Shackall      Drury

Halford      Safri         Koumas      Hucks

Earnshaw         Sutton

Subs, Lewis,davenport, etuhu, mcveigh, eastwood

Squad, another keeper, spillane, cave-brown, fleming, louis-jean another left back, rossi J, bircham, brunt or commons or Cook , hughes, ryan J, hendo and mckenzie, fisk, halliday and eagle.

Gone - Ward, green, charlton, colin, hughes, robinson and thorne. Plus loan out the players in blue and any of the ones in red if possible.

Now that would be a dream.

[/quote] That certainly is a dream. I would love to see us sign Freddy Eastwood to play with Earnshaw. He looks quality but there''s no way he''d come to Norwich to sit on the bench esp when he''s a certain starter at Southend in the same league. Ditto with Davenport. I have to say I think it''s about time we let Henderson go. He doesn''t seem to be improving and I think a fresh start would do him good now.