Sign in to follow this  
debbie does norwich

Wolves disallowed goal

Well, not the goal decision itself. The MOTD pundits assessment of it.

Maybe my memory is failing me but I thought the pundits supported the decision when we had a similar goal chalked off with Cantwell loitering in front of the Leicester goalkeeper.

Back in our premiership days obviously.

Was going to start a thread about this. It's the most ridiculous rule in football.

It was Kenny's header against Leicester which was ridiculously ruled out because Cantwell was supposedly in Schmeichel's line of vision - even though Schmeichel (like the West Ham keeper yesterday) wasn't going to save it in a million years.

6.56 to 7.43 here.

That’s right they did.

Wolves however ( as much as I dislike them ) get some ridiculous decisions against them. It will be interesting to see how much Gary O’Neill gets fined and how long his ban is for telling it the way it is.

2 hours ago, debbie does norwich said:

Well, not the goal decision itself. The MOTD pundits assessment of it.

Maybe my memory is failing me but I thought the pundits supported the decision when we had a similar goal chalked off with Cantwell loitering in front of the Leicester goalkeeper.

Back in our premiership days obviously.

Totally agree , it would be interesting to go back and compare their reactions. But I felt it was totally different to the Kenny goal. 

The big difference is the Leicester goalkeeper’s over the top reaction.

Although it’s forgotten now we got quite a lot of ridiculous decisions go against us in that season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

The big difference is the Leicester goalkeeper’s over the top reaction.

Although it’s forgotten now we got quite a lot of ridiculous decisions go against us in that season.

As has been said, it would be interesting to go back to see their reaction but I'm guessing the big difference was that it was Leicester and I'm guessing Saint Gary was in the chair.

Note: I do actually like Gary but dissed him here just to make the point

9 hours ago, Walcombe canary said:

VAR is shocking. Get rid of it

In this particular instance it isn't VAR which is the problem - it's the actual rule itself which is just plain ridiculous.