Sign in to follow this  
Oso Butch

There is a middle way...

R Green Esq. seems to feel that he has only 2 choices when getting rid of the ball:

1. hoof it to Earnie (for which the opposing centre back invariably says ''Many thanks''); or

2. roll it to Flem (for which he invariably says ''No thanks'', passes it to Hooooooosie, who passes it back to R Green Esq, who hoofs it to Earnie.....)

I feel that the drop-kick (as used in rugby) might well be the answer.  It''s certainly much easier to be accurate drop-kicking a football than it is a rugby ball; it doesn''t need to fly so high, so it just might just give Earnie (or certainly Leon) a chance; and it can even be a variation on a long, attacking throw-out for Hucks, Leon or Earnie.  With a bit of practice, I''m sure Roberto could master it.

Is this too simple a proposition?  [H]

I totally agree there were a few occasions where he hit the ball low adn it bypassed the midfield (good) but land at leons chest and he was able to control it. Why pump it to the edge of their box only for them to header it back to the half way line. just punt the ball 2/3 up the pitch and they might stand a chance. Flexibility is the key not hoof hoof hoof!

What has been said are defiitely valid points, but is no one concerned about a potential division arising between Greeno and the fans?

This is the last thing we need after the calamitous season/s we''ve just had.

Stick Docs up front for goal kicks, hughes drop to right back flem in to centre back. Problem solved

I think Green should flick it up and punch it in an underarm motion and to avoid pulling his shoulder muscles should use his spare hand to catch his flying arm in the pit of his elbow.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]I think Green should flick it up and punch it in an underarm motion and to avoid pulling his shoulder muscles should use his spare hand to catch his flying arm in the pit of his elbow.[/quote]

What''s happened to Frosty?   [U]

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]I think Green should flick it up and punch it in an underarm motion and to avoid pulling his shoulder muscles should use his spare hand to catch his flying arm in the pit of his elbow.[/quote]

Thanks Rudolph.  I''ve just tried out this manouevre in the garden, following which I had to phone a physio (with my good arm) for an urgent appointment.....

Are you still commending it to Greeno, nevertheless??

Don''t try it whilst facing any neighbours bedroom windows Oso. Sorry to hear you pulled something too! I suggest Greeno gives it a try against Preston as they don''t like it up ''em.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Don''t try it whilst facing any neighbours bedroom windows Oso. Sorry to hear you pulled something too! I suggest Greeno gives it a try against Preston as they don''t like it up ''em.[/quote]

Wish I''d seen your advice before I tried it, Rudolph.  Have just been listening to a voice message from my next door neighbour.  Having broken 2 panes of glass in his GREENhouse (the irony of it!), I shall need more than physio after he''s been round, apparently....  [:$]

I seem to remember reading that Sylvester Stalone used to wear shoes with a 3 inch heel and an inner heel built in, to give him a further  2 inches, if we could fashion Earnie with a similar pair of boots it would bring the little target man up to a strapping 5ft 6 and would surely give the opposition defenders something to thing about.