in today's Guniard when discussing Bazball.

The reference to pulling off the goalie towards the end of the game when one goal down in ice-hockey caught my eye. How's about it DW when next City is in that position with ten minutes to go?

At least it would give Van Donk an assured ten minutes.

“Pulling off the goalie…” MATRON!!!

I mean, you’re never going to go without a keeper for ten minutes are you? That’s a sub even beyond the Wagner substitute randomiser! (Smiley face) 

4 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

“Pulling off the goalie…” MATRON!!!

I mean, you’re never going to go without a keeper for ten minutes are you? That’s a sub even beyond the Wagner substitute randomiser! (Smiley face) 

I wasn't being serious, either, but the occurrence and number of times the goalie comes up for a corner or the like during the last minutes of the game in order to put more bodies in the box cannot be denied.

P.S. What's the backing that Wagner tries it before the season's end? Or perhaps Gunn is now being given some heading practise in training these days?

Edited by BroadstairsR

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

P.S. What's the backing that Wagner tries it before the season's end? Or perhaps Gunn is now being given some heading practise in training these days?

Hopefully not from Hanley

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, daly said:

Hopefully not from Hanley

Hanley is excellent at heading the ball - in defence.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Hanley is excellent at heading the ball - in defence.

Hanley is good at getting his head on the ball - just useless at directing it thereafter - the ultimate direction is as much a lottery as Wagner's line up tombola! #threepennypiecehead

However quite a few people commented on Saturday that since his injury, he seems to have lost his spring and a yard or two. A shame, but it was predicted that he would be lucky to come back with the capability and competence he had before that injury. To retain his place he has to start reading the game better and cut out any blunders. That could be a hard lesson for him.

Edited by shefcanary

4 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Hanley is good at getting his head on the ball - just useless at directing it thereafter - the ultimate direction is as much a lottery as Wagner's line up tombola! #threepennypiecehead

However quite a few people commented on Saturday that since his injury, he seems to have lost his spring and a yard or two. A shame, but it was predicted that he would be lucky to come back with the capability and competence he had before that injury. To retain his place he has to start reading the game better and cut out any blunders. That could be a hard lesson for him.

It was definitely the case before Hanley became a regular feature in the first 11 that he improved the more game time he had. Let’s hope that happens again because as you say, he does seem a little bit off his peak.

Edited by Nuff Said

4 hours ago, shefcanary said:

I noticed that. It was painfully obvious on Saturday.  He's masked it better in previous games, but I fear that he is nowhere near the player he was.

And I was concerned on Saturday that he'd got another injury, rightly so it would appear.  It wouldn't surprise me if he retired at the end of the season.  Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if he refused to - footballers can be stubborn like that.

Edited by Bobzilla