1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

But you're applying what it means today where clubs don't give two ****s unless they're in a final, and it really wasn't like that back then.  It was a big deal, and unknown territory for us.  As a fan it felt big-time and surreal even to go to those places and see us walking out on the pitch.

It also felt like this was the new standard, coming off the back of the new prem league season and finishing top 3.  Chanting super Norwich back then felt like it meant something and that you truly could take on anyone.

But also, specific to this European run, you have to remember that this was in an era of 4 TV channels, and we found ourselves being advertised before and after prime time shows.   I think other British teams had fallen out early and it left us flying the flag for the country in Europe so all attention moved over to us.   It's not like today where it's hidden away on some TNT channel.

So for me it is a really important reminder that we were at the top, and competing in Europe, and i'm not going to be put off celebrating it cause some t**t online thinks it makes us appear 'little', as that's bs and just lazy banter.   (I don't mean you in that by the way, I mean opposing fans).

But I fear that could come across as insecure screaming for attention for a pretty mediocre achievement in comparison with big clubs like Liverpool, Man U and others actually winning things, and even by comparison with probably two or three other English clubs getting to the third round almost every year, even in the context of that era?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

But I fear that could come across as insecure screaming for attention for a pretty mediocre achievement in comparison with big clubs like Liverpool, Man U and others actually winning things,

Oh don't be so silly, it's a celebration of a moment in history for this club.  It's nothing to do with Liverpool, Man Utd etc.

And if it was in relation to those larger clubs, i'd rather us celebrate this than the shame of Liverpool and having us kicked out of Europe. It's the custodians and fans of clubs like "Little Norwich" who aren't spiralling millions of debt into the club and doing things right throughout it's history, and that is something to be proud of in itself.

I'm proud of our history, and it may not be massive but it's special to me.  Anyone labelling us "Little" for saluting those Munich win players are either bitter or insecure and the type to throw out cheap shots to give their own egos a kick.

Anyone living their lives to that standard need to give their head a tap.

Edited by Google Bot

On 25/01/2024 at 15:33, Thirsty Lizard said:

You seem terribly worried about what the Binboys think.

How do you deduce that? It’s a fact their fans mock us for celebrating one European win, that’s all I stated. I couldn’t give a **** what they think tbh, but it’s a bit tinpot to celebrate one victory like this really isn’t it?

11 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

How do you deduce that? It’s a fact their fans mock us for celebrating one European win, that’s all I stated. I couldn’t give a **** what they think tbh, but it’s a bit tinpot to celebrate one victory like this really isn’t it?

We find ways to mock them for winning the whole thing, so people gonna hate whatever.  I've celebrated my kids taking their first s**t on a toilet, so I don't think celebrating a great moment in our history 3 decades ago is in in anyway beneath me, shameful or tinpot at all.

If it makes you happy then embrace it, if it doesn't then quit moaning and over-assessing everything in life as it will only turn you into a cynical grumpy git that no-one wants to be around.

It's a night out at the end of the day, certainly better than spending all evening talking b****ks on here.

Edited by Google Bot

11 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I've celebrated my kids taking their first s**t on a toilet

Well I really hope you're not doing a 30 year anniversary rewatch for that 😂

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

Well I really hope you're not doing a 30 year anniversary rewatch for that 😂

The plastic cup would come in handy though for when I make the "....and here it is!" reveal. :classic_biggrin: