Sign in to follow this  

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

If that’s more than just media spin, then fair play! 

Connor Southwell did express concern the other lad, Aboh, could be another Matos situation.

Based on the number of occasions that Davitt/Southwell/Seaman have actually watched NCFC U21s/U18s play I really doubt they have much of an idea about anything.

48 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Based on the number of occasions that Davitt/Southwell/Seaman have actually watched NCFC U21s/U18s play I really doubt they have much of an idea about anything.

I’d say they have more idea than 99% of posters on here, in all honesty. Given it’s their job to do so. I’m bemused as to why you think they know so little. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, repman said:

The noises around Aboh are much less promising to be fair. Hopefully the change in regime (and possibly with another one on the managerial front coming) he will be convinced there's a pathway there. Even so it'll remain a hard sell with Sargent, Idah and Kamara all young and ahead of him as it stands.

Yea I heard that. We’ll see. Shame if so but getting one sorted is better than none. Agree tough break to get into our first team right now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I’d say they have more idea than 99% of posters on here, in all honesty. Given it’s their job to do so. I’m bemused as to why you think they know so little. 

To do their job they really need to be there, watching. I think that is why football grounds have those things called Press Boxes!

To my understanding local journalists have only watched the U18s once this season (in the FAYC), and have only watched a couple of U21 matches (again, at Carrow Road). And I do not believe they attend regular training at Colney for the Academy group.

On the basis of the above I do not expect them to have much expert / objective opinion on players outside the senior squad.

As Exhibit A, look at Pink Un's coverage of Elliot Myles' contract-signing. They have copy-pasted most of the NCFC story, adding only the skimpiest of detail that anyone could have written.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I would think the lad just sees his first pro contract at a Championship club - what am I missing?

I believe the report said there had been interest from other clubs including some in the PL. 

15 hours ago, NewNestCarrow said:

I have to say Paddy Davitt's player ratings give me frequent cause to believe he has been watching a different game.

19 hours ago, RobJames said:

Myles only turned 17 on Saturday

So a long way to go, despite the suggestion he will be in the first team soon, The thought is that turning 17 was the trigger for the new contract, rather than any exceptional talent/performances

I don’t think he can sign a contract til he’s 17 can he. So yes you are right in that sense but his talent and performances are the reason they have wanted to get him tied down at the first opportunity. We seem to have a few very good 16-18 year olds coming through but this guy looks the real deal from what I’ve seen of him. 

17 hours ago, Monty13 said:

It’s good news, there seems to be a suggestion from a few places that he and Aboh are the shining lights of the Academy right now.

Getting one tied down amid PL interest is great going, if we can get both that would genuinely be amazing work.

The Aboh situation is interesting. He gets goals and he’s a poacher so obviously I’d like us to get him signed up as he clearly has talent but based on what I’ve seen of the U21s I wouldn’t say I’ve watched those games and thought, blimey he stands out, must sign him up. There are several other really good players in that side that perhaps don’t get the same attention because they are not on the score sheet so often. 

I’ve seen two or three cameos from Myles where I have thought he looks a serious player in the making. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/01/2024 at 11:41, NewNestCarrow said:

To do their job they really need to be there, watching. I think that is why football grounds have those things called Press Boxes!

To my understanding local journalists have only watched the U18s once this season (in the FAYC), and have only watched a couple of U21 matches (again, at Carrow Road). And I do not believe they attend regular training at Colney for the Academy group.

On the basis of the above I do not expect them to have much expert / objective opinion on players outside the senior squad.

As Exhibit A, look at Pink Un's coverage of Elliot Myles' contract-signing. They have copy-pasted most of the NCFC story, adding only the skimpiest of detail that anyone could have written.

Both Connor and Paddy at Old Trafford today, watching the U21s.

Yes, it's a handy pitstop en route to Liverpool, but at least they are there. So 👍

Edited by NewNestCarrow