Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

The Masters Snooker

On 13/01/2024 at 17:58, Midlands Yellow said:

Ronnie should join the twenty percenters, love watching him but is there a bigger whinger in any sport? I hope he loses this final whoever he meets. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/67955059

I think Ronnie is quite funny. Most of it is aimed at Barry Hearn who he hates with a passion. 

The fact that he knows that Hearn needs him makes it even funnier. 

11 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Sound like you're both gonna be disappointed!

I wanted Ronnie to win, Midlands wanted him to lose, only one of us was ever going to be disappointed.

He's a legend. His whole, "I'm not bothered" approach is quite clearly a technique he's been working on with Dr Steve Peters to keep his mental demons at bay, and keep him successful at the table, I'm amazed people can't see that.

And the whinging, as Dylan alluded to, is agenda-driven. He hates the organising body (they are pretty dickish, to be fair, a bit like the PGMOL of the football world) and loves to stick a few into them, knowing that they're aware a tournament with Ronnie in it generates far more clicks, views and interest than one without him. He wants to be playing more events in foreign countries where the players are treated like Kings and the venues are like palaces. So it's in his interest to use his platform to do down the English venues he doesn't like. Can you blame him;

Alexandra Palace | United Kingdom

Looks like a prison (Ally Pally) or...

China Tours Online Blog: Macau Studio City Entertainment

Tough choice?

Hearn must hate him. His whole business model has been dependent on Higgins, White and O'Sullivan. Without those 3 what would snooker look like? I have only ever watched when one of those 3 has been playing and I suspect I'm not the only one. 

8 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Hearn must hate him. His whole business model has been dependent on Higgins, White and O'Sullivan. Without those 3 what would snooker look like? I have only ever watched when one of those 3 has been playing and I suspect I'm not the only one. 

Agreed. I watched some of the final last night, only because Ronnie was in it, absolute legend. 13 seconds for each shot, without him, snooker is a bit boring.

1 minute ago, Satriales said:

Agreed. I watched some of the final last night, only because Ronnie was in it, absolute legend. 13 seconds for each shot, without him, snooker is a bit boring.

They should actively encourage crowd participation. The darts players cope with it. 

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

They should actively encourage crowd participation. The darts players cope with it. 

Try the Shootout tournament, Pot Black on whizz. It’s not that great actually. 

7 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

They should definitely have at least one tournament where they trial no crowd restrictions, let them go nuts the whole time. I remember when Ronnie got his 1,000th century, once he got over 100 the whole crowd cheered the rest of his shots.

• Like 1

I went to watch Selby v Milkins on the Wednesday night, my 3rd time for snooker, only down the road for me. Always a great night out saw a fellow Norwich fan 

pleased O’Sullivan won it’s all about the showmanship for him!