Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

The annual 'joke' that isnt a joke this year....

Of course somebody within 10 mins of Big Ben's chimes which marks the opening of the transfer window will quip "Why havent we signed anyone yet?"

...well this season it will be a serious question

Now surely if the club have been acting appropriately over these past few weeks and months ,they will have identified and lined up a defensive midfielder to walk through the door within the next 48 hrs or so to address the gaping hole in the team

If not ,we can only assume this isnt seen as a priority or a nessessity?,  either of which is gross neglegence

Well, there has to be a player someone is willing to sell who we deem good enough else its signing someone for signing sake which is far more negligent than what you're suggesting.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Well, there has to be a player someone is willing to sell who we deem good enough else its signing someone for signing sake which is far more negligent than what you're suggesting.

...we currently have nobody to play that role, so if our recruitment team cant find anyone in the whole wide world of football to improve upon that situation, the whole lot need sacking

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...we currently have nobody to play that role, so if our recruitment team cant find anyone in the whole wide world of football to improve upon that situation, the whole lot need sacking

Not strictly true. We need someone who's better or fitter than McLean, Gibbs, Sorensen or Forshaw. 

In a January window at championship level midtable, that isn't as easy as you make it out to be else we will see about 15 other clubs in this league do similar and easily improve their starting 11.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Not strictly true. We need someone who's better or fitter than McLean, Gibbs, Sorensen or Forshaw. 

In a January window at championship level midtable, that isn't as easy as you make it out to be else we will see about 15 other clubs in this league do similar and easily improve their starting 11.

Gibbs isnt a defensive midfielder, Sorenson is crocked, Forshaw??....who knows what the hell is happening there, I wont even mention the other candidate in terms of the type of midfielder required

We currenntly have 'nobody' in that role, whilst other clubs are maybe trying to improve their starting XI's, we're requiring our recruitment team to improve upon 'nobody' ....I dont believe they cannot do that. However as previously mentioned, I question whether they actuslly see it as even a necessity/priority??

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Of course somebody within 10 mins of Big Ben's chimes which marks the opening of the transfer window will quip "Why havent we signed anyone yet?"

...well this season it will be a serious question

Now surely if the club have been acting appropriately over these past few weeks and months ,they will have identified and lined up a defensive midfielder to walk through the door within the next 48 hrs or so to address the gaping hole in the team

If not ,we can only assume this isnt seen as a priority or a nessessity?,  either of which is gross neglegence

Is this a serious post?  We’ve needed a defensive midfielder since Delia’s husbands’s Granny’s dog was a puppy. 

10 hours ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Is this a serious post?  We’ve needed a defensive midfielder since Delia’s husbands’s Granny’s dog was a puppy. 

I'd have gone back further, to when God was a boy

48 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

I'd have gone back further, to when God was a boy

I’d have said we needed a CDM - BC.

• Like 1